ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German wants to visit UK with non-EU husband

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

steff
Newly Registered

German wants to visit UK with non-EU husband

Post by steff » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi all,

a couple of weeks ago my husband and I moved from South Africa to Ireland. He is Congolese and I am German.

Currently we are in the middle of the application of his Residence Card in Ireland - we will only receive the outcome in 6 month.

In a few weeks my husband want to go to London for the weekend to watch a soccer game.

According to what I found online my husband would need to apply for a General visa - is that true? Even if he already has a visa for Ireland (even though it is only temporary at the moment)?

I saw that they want a hole bunch of documents. Like payslips of the last 6 month etc. Would that even apply if we send them our travel documents that show that we only intend to stay for two nights?

Does it make any difference that I am an EU citizen? I mean - could I maybe get lucky and find a law that states that we don't need to pay the visa fees because he is the spouse of an European citizen?

Thanks so much for your help!!!