ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

multiple Entries on Different Passports

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Corndog
Newly Registered

multiple Entries on Different Passports

Post by Corndog » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi,
I am entitled to a German, Irish and English passport and would like to know if it is possible to enter the US on the VWP for 90 days on one passport and then return on another, or would they have this information and link the passports?

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:35 pm

I'm not sure that the passports would be linked, however the US fingerprints non-US citizens arriving and leaving from the US, so that is a possible way of them catching on.

Corndog
Newly Registered

Post by Corndog » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:41 pm

yes, I never thought of that.

jes2jes

Re: multiple Entries on Different Passports

Post by jes2jes » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:41 pm

Corndog wrote:Hi,
I am entitled to a German, Irish and English passport and would like to know if it is possible to enter the US on the VWP for 90 days on one passport and then return on another, or would they have this information and link the passports?
Technically yes.

You can enter the US with your Irish passport and exit with the same and on arrival in say Ireland, UK, or Germany show the other passport but you cannot enter and exit the US with two different passports. You would be arrested and branded a terrorist for starters :roll:
Praise The Lord!!!!

Corndog
Newly Registered

Post by Corndog » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:24 pm

jes2jes wrote:
Technically yes.

You can enter the US with your Irish passport and exit with the same and on arrival in say Ireland, UK, or Germany show the other passport but you cannot enter and exit the US with two different passports. You would be arrested and branded a terrorist for starters :roll:
I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant return to the US on a different passport, say 2 weeks after coming home. As i understand you should spend as much time out of the country as you do in. I'm thinking if this can be, I suppose in a way, cheated.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:36 pm

They are not looking for Irish British Germans, Feel free to use all your passports for the next 1.5 years in rotation.

Corndog
Newly Registered

Post by Corndog » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:57 pm

What do you mean by they aren't looking for them? You mean they wouldn't stop me? And would it not only be 9 months?

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm

Corndog wrote:
jes2jes wrote:
Technically yes.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant return to the US on a different passport, say 2 weeks after coming home. As i understand you should spend as much time out of the country as you do in. I'm thinking if this can be, I suppose in a way, cheated.
Bear in mind that, the stats the US govt collects is not based on passport data alone but biometric data as well as personal info. If all your passports have the same DOB (I would be surprised if they are different and you would even have more trouble with such a scenerio) then, they can detect when you get to the US with the kind of turnaround time you are saying. The IO would flag you as someone who wants to live in the US but taking advantage of the various passports he/she possesses.

Note that, it is not a crime to have different passports from different countries. Although this can work to your advantage in certain circumstances, it can also work to your disadvantage. I will advise you to stick to the rules when it comes to Uncle Sam, with the kind of state in which they are operating, you do not want to incur their wrath.

'The Power is yours' as they use to say in good old Captain Plantet Cartoons.
Praise The Lord!!!!

Corndog
Newly Registered

Post by Corndog » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks for the advice. What does biometric data mean?

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:43 pm

They can easily match them if the name, date and place of birth are the same. Why would you want to do that? If you don't hand back the visa waiver form which they staple to your passport they may think you overstayed.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:52 pm

Corndog wrote:Thanks for the advice. What does biometric data mean?
- Biometrics is the science and technology of measuring and analyzing biological data. In information technology, biometrics refers to technologies that measure and analyze human body characteristics, such as fingerprints, eye retinas and irises, voice patterns, facial patterns and hand measurements, for authentication purposes.
Authentication by biometric verification is becoming increasingly common in corporate and public security systems, consumer electronics and point of sale (POS) applications. In addition to security, the driving force behind biometric verification has been convenience.

Biometric devices, such as fingerscanners, consist of:

A reader or scanning device
Software that converts the scanned information into digital form and compares match points
A database that stores the biometric data for comparison
To prevent identity theft, biometric data is usually encrypted when it's gathered. Here's how biometric verification works on the back end: To convert the biometric input, a software application is used to identify specific points of data as match points. The match points in the database are processed using an algorithm that translates that information into a numeric value. The database value is compared with the biometric input the end user has entered into the scanner and authentication is either approved or denied
Praise The Lord!!!!

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:55 pm

The Americans have a straight and narrow view of their laws.Not much leeway or exceptions are made when you mess up somehow.The penalties can also be pretty stiff and unexpected.

steveyb
Newly Registered

Post by steveyb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:38 pm

I used a second passport for a WVP stay and the next time I went back the guy asked me "when were you last here". I am pretty convinced he saw my name and asked this to check. I am pretty convinced the computer or whatever pulls up records by NAME / DATE OF BIRTH so they can see all your trips no matter what passport.