ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to Contact Home Office for HSMP Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eachuna
Newly Registered

Need to Contact Home Office for HSMP Extension

Post by eachuna » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:26 pm

Hi,

I need to contact the home office to check on my HSMP extension application that they confirmed receipt by post. As requested in my application, I need to make sure they are treating the application with urgency because of a business need to travel.

Have any of you been successful in getting a reply to your queries from the HSMP extension team? I have tried emailing to Ops1.in-country@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and Ops2.in-country@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but no response. The phone numbers is have tried are 01142743305, 01142743304, and 01142595777, but they are busy no matter what hour I try. I have been trying for over one week now. Maybe fax is better?

Please help with any success stories on contacting for enquiries about HSMP extension applications.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:37 pm

eachuna,

It would be beneficial if you provided more information

When did you apply for extension?
what docuyments did you provide?
did you complete the 'urgent treatments' form
have you recvd confirmation that they are working on your documents

I dont think you are using the correct e-mail addresses - the ones you listed are for WPs
Where there is a will there is a way.

eachuna
Newly Registered

Post by eachuna » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:56 pm

Thanks for response, Chess.

I received confirmation letter from Home Office dated 23 August acknowledging receipt of leave to remain (HSMP extension) application. The letter said application will now be passed to caseworker to consider after first checking validity.

Documents provided were:

- Request for urgent treatment form
- Completed leave to remain application form FLR(IED)
- HSMP approval letter from the Home Office for original HSMP application
- Offer of employment letter for my current position
- Company profile of employer
- Allocation of a National Insurance (NI) number letter
- Recent US bank statement showing savings in sufficient fund to accommodate myself without requiring any public funds
- Most recent UK bank statements since commencement of work showing my earnings
- Wage slips to show my economic activity and personal earnings to date during my stay under the HSMP programme
- Summary of my personal earnings during my stay under the HSMP program
- Standing order arranged with my bank for payment of rent
- Business card showing my current business information
- Two passport photos of me, with my name and signature on the reverse side
- My United States of America passport

Which email should I use?

Recent announcement on www.workingintheuk.gov.uk says all new cases received after 15 July will be responded within 2 weeks.

Any advice from people who have had success contacting with regards to HSMP extension?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:12 pm

Echuna

hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

You should get you ppt back sometime next week-hopefully

shayar
Newly Registered

Post by shayar » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:04 pm

eachuna,
When is your HSMP-1st year anniversary?

shayar

eachuna
Newly Registered

Post by eachuna » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:05 am

My HSMP anniversary is October 2004.

Any one who can respond about how long it took for their HSMP extension to be processed? How long did it take? I see quite a few postings about regular HSMP but not extensions.

Also, any one who was successful contacting HSMP extension team in the Home Office? How did you do it?

Thanks for any help.

eachuna
Newly Registered

Post by eachuna » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:12 pm

Chess, I got the following email response from hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

I had already tried emailing the in-country teams but no luck in a response. Other ideas for contacting them or how long it took other people to get a HSMP 3 year extension decision?

---------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: FLR(IED) application - HSMP xxxx Query - Reference LTxxxxxxx

I'm afraid the HSMP Team do not process FLR applications. This is normally done by one of 2 In-Country Teams. I regret I am unable to assist.

HSMP TEAM

gopijags
Newly Registered

No Reply from HSMP Extension Team

Post by gopijags » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:18 pm

I got the same acknowledgement posted on the 26th of July 2004, saying that a case worker will be assigned.

I have sent emails to ops1 and ops2 and faxes, no reply, and there phone is permanantly engaged.

I need my Passports URGENTLY. How do I get it back? It has been 6 weeks since they sent me the acknowlegement.

Any successes on HSMP Extensions please advice.

Jags

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:31 pm

eachuna wrote:
Subject: RE: FLR(IED) application - HSMP xxxx Query - Reference LTxxxxxxx

I'm afraid the HSMP Team do not process FLR applications. This is normally done by one of 2 In-Country Teams. I regret I am unable to assist.

HSMP TEAM

These guyz are talking bul sh*t. We all know that once fees are taken at Cannock, the application is ent to HSMP in Sheffield and they assess whether the person satisies the criteria and then issue further leave to remain...

...are they implying that once the HSMP are 'happy' with the documents they are then sent to another team :roll:

Anyhow accoring to the website - theyt claim that they are dealing with applications recieved at Cannock on 28th July 2004

The system is getting to clogged up. A WP sponsor has had to advise my friend that the WP letter is posted overseas so that the friend applies for EC overseas as it will be quicker to get the LTR - bizzare :(

gopijags
Newly Registered

Is there a way to go to Sheffield and get some answers

Post by gopijags » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:47 pm

I need my passports ASAP because they have kept it for more than 2 months! I need it to arrange a Mortgage Application.

Will it help to go to Sheffield and speak to someone there and sort out this mess?

They don't resond to Emails or Faxes and theie damn phone never answers. How on earth are we supposed to contact them about the most important document of your life- Your Passport.

Any advice will be duly appreciated.

Jags

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Is there a way to go to Sheffield and get some answers

Post by Chess » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:54 pm

gopijags wrote:.

Will it help to go to Sheffield and speak to someone there and sort out this mess?

Jags
Sheffield WP/HSMP offices do not entertain personal callers - so dont bother. Best option is to sit and wait..

2 months is a bit of a long time - are you self employed?? what docs did you submit??

gopijags
Newly Registered

Post by gopijags » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:09 pm

10 Payslips. Been on Permanant Full Time Employment earning 50000 per Annum.

I even sent a letter from HR confirming this.

They never camen back to me asking for any additional info either!
They should have if they wanted to. But seems like they are just sitting on it.