ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline chit chat

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Serina26

Timeline chit chat

Post by Serina26 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Jayson 65, You cannot apply for citizenship 11 months after ILR. Unlike ILR (where you can apply 28 days before you are due to apply) It's got to be AT LEAST 12 MONTHS for citizenship!

Serina
Serina

jacki121
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by jacki121 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:03 pm

hi to all,

I got my ILR on 10 yrs residency today.

My wife is British and i wonder do i have to wait for another year before i can apply for naturalization?

Or i can apply immediately?

thanks alot.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:27 pm

jacki121 wrote:hi to all,

I got my ILR on 10 yrs residency today.

My wife is British and i wonder do i have to wait for another year before i can apply for naturalization?

Or i can apply immediately?

thanks alot.
As a spouse of a British citizen yes u can apply immediately. For that u need three years residency in the uk and u meet the requirement. So u don't have to wait for another year. The day u make ur application, make sure you were present in the uk three years ago on that date. I applied 1 month after I got my ILR. It has been one month since I made my application and still waiting for the decision. You have to submit your partner's passport as well with your application. Best of luck

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 pm

Serina26 wrote:Jayson 65, You cannot apply for citizenship 11 months after ILR. Unlike ILR (where you can apply 28 days before you are due to apply) It's got to be AT LEAST 12 MONTHS for citizenship!

Serina
Serina, I need to process early to help my son secure finance for his September university admission. He is still my dependant and would be due for his ILR in 2017. However, his uni advised if we can get my British Naturalisation before Dec 1st, 2014, then he can get the student finance loan for his 3 years study. They have even given a supportive letter to the UKBA to help in my early bid to submit in Sept,14. I am due to submit by Oct, 21st 2014 when it would be 1yr after ILR. If this goes in and I can get at least acceptance, then it would resolve his students finance loan but this must be done by Dec ,1st, 14. This is my problem now. Just waiting for my English test result to submit AN form in Sept. He has had to differ his admission for a year already. I have faith it would all go well, with all supportive letters to back up my early submittion for naturalisation based on my sons situation. Fingers crossed!.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Serina , kindly reply please. Thanks.

Serina26

Post by Serina26 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Jayson65,

I don't mean to demoralise you, but when it comes to citizenship, you have to have held ILR for a full 12 months. Unfortunately, you can't submit 28 days before the full 12 month period is completed. Whether the HO will be sympethetic to your situation and allow you to apply 28 days in advance, at their discretion, then that's another story.

With regards to processding times, I have been waiting for over 3 months, and I still haven't had a reply. Each time, I am told they are waiting for basic security checks to be completed. The only time they can speed up the processing of your application is in the event of a medical emergency, in which case you will be required to provide a supporting medical evidence. It might be worth consulting with a fully accredited immigration solicitor to explore your options.

Serina
Serina

omargb

Post by omargb » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Still waiting I'm same I aplayed on May the 27 and still no appovel yet.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Serina26 wrote:Jayson65,

I don't mean to demoralise you, but when it comes to citizenship, you have to have held ILR for a full 12 months. Unfortunately, you can't submit 28 days before the full 12 month period is completed. Whether the HO will be sympethetic to your situation and allow you to apply 28 days in advance, at their discretion, then that's another story.

With regards to processding times, I have been waiting for over 3 months, and I still haven't had a reply. Each time, I am told they are waiting for basic security checks to be completed. The only time they can speed up the processing of your application is in the event of a medical emergency, in which case you will be required to provide a supporting medical evidence. It might be worth consulting with a fully accredited immigration solicitor to explore your options.

Serina
Thanks Selina for your comments. Much appreciated.

urzfriend
Newly Registered

Post by urzfriend » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:34 am

Applied for Naturalisation in Jan 14 received approval on Aug 6th. Was a long wait. Found the reason for delay was due to them misplacing the past five year address page of application. Anyway at last got the result was waiting for!!
Now waiting for Ceremony invitation.

With regards to last few post which I come across my advise to all will be if you rich go to solicitors like some do otherwise use this forum and common sense when applying to HO.

Many thanks to this forum!!

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:28 pm

JAYSON65 wrote:

Serina
Last edited by JAYSON65 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Re: Timeline chit chat

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Serina26 wrote:Jayson 65, You cannot apply for citizenship 11 months after ILR. Unlike ILR (where you can apply 28 days before you are due to apply) It's got to be AT LEAST 12 MONTHS for citizenship!

Serina
Application collected by NCS after confirmatory call to HO due to sons case on 17th of September 2014, 11 months before 1 year ILR due date for submittion. Fingers crossed!.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:43 pm

JAYSON65 wrote:
JAYSON65 wrote:

Serina
Finally allowed to submit application on 17th of September 2014. Discretion allowed before 1 year ILR Due based on confirmation from NCS staff from HO before application allowed to be submitted for sons case.
JAYSON65 wrote:
JAYSON65 wrote:

Serina