ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language - Post Graduation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GauravB
Newly Registered

English Language - Post Graduation

Post by GauravB » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi All,

I have applie for Naturalisation two days ago. The NCS people raised a concern over my English Language qualifications.

I gave them print out of PointBased calculator in which I was given 35 points for Masters Degree for Qualification requirement and 10 points for my Post Graduation Diploma for English requirement.

But it did not give 10 points for my masters/bachelors degree in english requirement section. instead it did for PostGraduation Diploma as mentioned above.

NCS was saying that I need to submit a letter from UK NARIC. But I asked them to forward the application on my risk.

Please note I have been granted Tier 1 in 2009 and ILR last year in 2013 based on the same qualifications.

Can anyone please confrim if it is ok?
Do I need to clear English Exam ? Is Home Office likely to come back asking me about english/qualification requirement?

Thanks in advance

Gaurav

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: English Language - Post Graduation

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:58 pm

You were granted Tier 1 ILR before 28th October 2013 ? isnt it ?

If and only if you have got ILR based on these qualification after 28th October 2013 u dont need to worry as u dont have to prove this again .

If I was in your case. I would have applied for NARIC as NCS agent has cautioned you with their experience.. .
Last edited by IndiMarshall on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GauravB
Newly Registered

Post by GauravB » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks Indimarshall for your reply.

Yes I was granted Tier 1 and ILR before Oct 13.

I have print out of Tier ! guidance where it is clearly written that Point Based Calculator is always in sync with UK NARIC. So , I do not expect UK NARIC will give me in written for the degrees for which I am not getting 10 points for English.

I was thinking to take an English test if Home Office comes back to me just in case. But as you said, I do not need to worry about it, I will think on giving an exam again. It cost 145 pounds. :)

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:17 pm

[quote]You were granted Tier 1 ILR before 28th October 2013 ? isnt it ?

If and only if you have got ILR based on these qualification after 28th October 2013 u dont need to worry as u dont have to prove this again .[/quote]

I plan on applying for ILR in October and will qualify immediately to apply for naturalisation (married to BC and lived in the Uk since 2010).

I get 10 points for English and 30 points for my degree. Is this sufficient for me to prove the English requirement for ILR and naturalisation? Or would I have to obtain a B1 certificate?