ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Refusals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casa
United Kingdom

FLR(FP) Refusals

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:21 pm

I have a friend who is running a survey on people not meeting the 18,600 requirement (without kids) and their spouse has been granted under the new 10 year route. He knows of applicants who are being refused so wants to see if this route is purely set up to refuse applicants stating they can live abroad etc. He's trying to find if people not meeting the 18,600 requirement (without kids) and their spouse has been granted leave under the new 10 year route.
Mainly these refusals appear to be where the settled spouse is originally from the same country as the applicant. Therefore they state you can live abroad etc.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR(FP) Refusals

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:39 am

Perhaps a Freedom of Information request will help your friend get a clearer picture as to the success rate of that application in circumstances were there are and there aren't children.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks Obie. I'll pass on your suggestion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:12 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:44 am

Thanks Amber, I believe me friend is currently waiting for info. Unfortunately it's unlikely to give stats on which applicants have no children.
(Casa, not CR001)

joshboy
Newly Registered

Post by joshboy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:41 pm

I believe myself and my wife may fall into this category, although we meet the financials.

We applied last June 2013 for FLR(m), no FLR(fp) then, for married life and right to private life.

She had overstayed 10 years, we are married, no kids, but they refused on EX1. and they feel that there were no insurmountable obstacles to return to her country (excepting the fact she has no family there or friends). I feel that they will do the same whether you do, or do not meet the financial requirements and are in our situation.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Thank you
(Casa, not CR001)

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:53 pm

For Joshboy ... just as a point of context - arguing a lack of family/friends isn't an insurmountable obstacle as people do this all the time. Just recently one of my coworkers relocated to the US. No family, no friends out there. They were opening a new office so not even any coworkers to be with.

It happens every day. It might not be desirable - but it can't be argued as insurmountable.