ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do you track your application from St Lucia/Jamaica

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loosh1509
Newly Registered

How do you track your application from St Lucia/Jamaica

Post by loosh1509 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi
I completed an application for my Husband who is from St Lucia and when he went to the Biometrics appointment and submitted the documents we discovered they are being sent to Jamaica. The only reference number he was given on a pre printed and handwritten receipt was a FedEx tracking number that he can only use to track the documents on their way back to him.

Is there anyway i can check the status of his application online? Also, if anyone else has applied from St Lucia how long did it take to get a response?

Thanks

catbusstop
Newly Registered

Re: How do you track your application from St Lucia/Jamaica

Post by catbusstop » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 am

As far as I'm aware, there's no way of tracking the status of a settlement visa. My wife is applying for one from the states, which is an identical process to what you have done so far and I have yet to find anything more than that 95% of settlement visa's get processed in 12 weeks from the date of the biometrics being taken (where one week = 5 working days). Even if you contact the UKBA on their premium rate helpline, they wont tell you anything more than that the application is waiting to be looked at by an Entry Clearance Officer.

There is a site that will give you latest processing times, but the service has been unavailable for weeks now: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

It's not St Lucia, but in case it helps, our application documents were received by UKBA Sheffield on 22/04/2014 and we are still waiting to hear anything (approximately 16 weeks).

Hopefully yours will be quicker!