ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired IELTS for LEAVE TO ENTER

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pennep
Newly Registered

Expired IELTS for LEAVE TO ENTER

Post by pennep » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:26 pm

My wife is in Nepal and she is applying for Leave to Enter as a Spouse of a settled person in October. HO requirement to prove the knowledge of English for Spouse visa is at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening. My wife has IELTS overall score of 7, which is well above CEFR level A1. But the certificate is expired by more than a year. Apparently, in Nepal, IELTS exam places are all booked until December.
I have read that expired IELTS certificate is OK for extending Spouse Visas and for settlement. Does it also work for LEAVE TO ENTER too? I hope someone here knows about it..
Thank you in advance.

WR1

Re: Expired IELTS for LEAVE TO ENTER

Post by WR1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:07 pm

If your spouse is applying for entry clearance into the UK using form VAF4A, then I'm afraid that the expiry date on the IELTS certificate will apply and it won't be accepted. It's fine to use an expired certificate for ILR and BC purposes and even FLR(M), but not for entry clearance.

Can your spouse not sit another English exam, such as ESOL?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

pennep
Newly Registered

Post by pennep » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:23 am

Thank you for your reply.
I just found out that British Council in Nepal conducts Cambridge English Preliminary (PET) exams. I have read that PET is level A2. Could you please confirm it is OK for the application?
Cheers!

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:58 am

pennep wrote:Thank you for your reply.
I just found out that British Council in Nepal conducts Cambridge English Preliminary (PET) exams. I have read that PET is level A2. Could you please confirm it is OK for the application?
Cheers!

As per the approved list it @ "https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf"
Attachments
English_PET.png
Cambridge
English:
Preliminary
(also known as
Preliminary
Cambridge English: Preliminary (also known as Preliminary English Test)
English_PET.png (125.53 KiB) Viewed 412 times

pennep
Newly Registered

Post by pennep » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Thank you very much for your post.
Cheers :-)