ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Damaged

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tpsanju
Newly Registered

Passport Damaged

Post by tpsanju » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi,

I am a UK Resident and my father has come on a visitor visa to stay with me for couple of months. He has a long term visitor visa with expiry date of 28/04/2016 and single stay of 180 days only.
Recently his passport first page with photograph was damaged due to an unfortunate circumstance. Although everything in his passport is intact, along with all the visa. Only photo is damaged , everything is fine including the bar code on his passport. All his old an recent visa are intact with clear view of his face.

He has a return flight to Delhi in first week of Oct2014 as his single 180 day stay will finish on 19Oct2014.

Please advise on the below urgently.
1. Will he be allowed to leave from UK with current passport ?
2. Will he face any problem at indian airport ?
3. Does he need to apply for a new Indian passport?

ban.s

Re: Passport Damaged

Post by ban.s » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:53 pm

without seeing the damaged passport it'd be difficult to comment but the best option would be to contact HCI London and get a new passport.

https://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html#Duplicate