ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conversion of Dependant visa to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahi
Newly Registered

Conversion of Dependant visa to HSMP

Post by mahi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi,
I am on a workpermit dependant visa now.I want to change convert into HSMP.I have 12 months of uk experience and I got 80 points for the HSMP.
Could anyone tell me the process to apply for HSMP. Should I go to India for applying HSMP?

Could anyone of you tell me the procedure involved in this.

I am really not sure of the procedure followed

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:56 am

Yo can apply for HSMP from UK only as an in country applicant. Once the same is approved, you will have to come back to India to get the Entry Clearance as Work Permit Dependents are not eligible to switch (in country) to HSMP VISA category.

regards

push_hsmp

mahi
Newly Registered

Post by mahi » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:34 pm

Thanks for that. Can anyone answer me the following questions as well

1), My wife is on workpermit and if she loses her job can anyone tell me the duration she can stay in uk searching for a new job.

2) If at all she wants to convert(she is on workpermit visa) to dependant visa, can she do it in uk or else she need to India to get her stamping done

3) If at all my employer is ready to sponser me the workpermit, Which workpermit form should I use. I heard that there are two types of workpermit forms one is In country workpermit form and the other one is Out country workpermit form. And also can you please let me know the link where I can get all these forms. I have tried in the homeoffice website, but could not get sufficient information

Could the person who know the answers let me know ASAP as it is a bit urgent