ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit application confusion

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

judithktaylor124
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit application confusion

Post by judithktaylor124 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi everyone, i've submitted the application for the EEA Family Permit in order to travel to the UK with my husband (He's Portuguese) as he's planning to go there to seek for employment permanently.
i've submitted the documents on 8th August 2014, and today i've called the visa application centre in UK to enquiry bout the updates of the applications.
They had told me that in their systems, it shows that "insufficient documents or needs confirmations". So i asked if i'll receive a letter or email or phone calls from them? As me and my husband is planning to go there end of the month. He said that they'll be emailing me or phone me or just refuse my application straightaway, which i do not understand which is which.
Has anyone experience this before? Normally how long does it takes for them to actually give me a call regarding insufficient documents or needs confirmation from my side or my husband side?
I'm getting really panicky here because our house rental agreement in the UK starts on 1st September which me and my husband will have to go there to make payment (even though we had already paid the deposits for the house) and also sign the rental agreement.
Anyone experience this before? How long does it take for them to actually process or approve the EEA Family Permit or needs more confirmations or insufficient documents which needed to send more or what?
Please advice. Thanks.

judithktaylor124
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit application confusion

Post by judithktaylor124 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Anyone? Please advice as it's urgent!

judithktaylor124
Newly Registered

Post by judithktaylor124 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi, anyone please advice! As it's urgent!

I've been calling to the UKVI to enquired bout the status of my EEA Family Permit status, but by far. They've told me that all I can do is just wait as it takes 15 days for them to make the decision but however, it can also take a longer time. So basically they're giving me no answer answers. :/
I'm thinking to withdraw my application and just travel to the UK with my husband as he needs to attend a job interview urgently.
But right now we're thinking... Is it possible to apply the EEA2 without a EEA Family Permit?
I'm holding a Malaysian passport which I know I can enter the UK for 6 months under tourist visa. And I am also holding a Family Residence Card from Portugal. And we can prove that our marriage is genuine and had been 4 years since we first together and been married for 1 year plus now.
But still... Am I able to apply EEA2 in the UK without EEA Family Permit to begin with?
Please advice!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 pm

judithktaylor124 wrote:I've been calling to the UKVI to enquired bout the status of my EEA Family Permit status, but by far. They've told me that all I can do is just wait as it takes 15 days for them to make the decision but however, it can also take a longer time. So basically they're giving me no answer answers. :/
I'm thinking to withdraw my application and just travel to the UK with my husband as he needs to attend a job interview urgently.
They should treat the applications as a matter of priority. But in practice they do not.
judithktaylor124 wrote:But right now we're thinking... Is it possible to apply the EEA2 without a EEA Family Permit?
Defininitely. There is no requirement that you already have an EEA Family Permit when you apply for a Residence Card (with an EEA2 application)
judithktaylor124 wrote:I'm holding a Malaysian passport which I know I can enter the UK for 6 months under tourist visa. And I am also holding a Family Residence Card from Portugal. And we can prove that our marriage is genuine and had been 4 years since we first together and been married for 1 year plus now.
But still... Am I able to apply EEA2 in the UK without EEA Family Permit to begin with?
Please advice!
The law is very clearly on your side. Should you need to enter the UK, but do not have an EEA Family Permit, please read the details here: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:38 pm

I am also holding a Family Residence Card from Portugal
What exactly does this card say?

When travelling, be sure to carry it, as well as your marriage certificate.