ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Return Evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mideast Banker

Tax Return Evidence

Post by Mideast Banker » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:49 am

In my country the income tax is paid at once, meaning one lumpsum paid by the company and not on individual basis. I discussed this with my employer and said they can provide an official letter about the gross salary and total income taxes paid.

My question will this letter be suffiecient along with stamped pay slips to be evidences on the salary??.

Your feedback is much awaited.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:53 am

As you are not providing one of the primary evidences (the Tax Return), you will have to provide the bank statements (clearly showing transfer of salary), letter from the employer (detailing the Gross/deduction & net salary) and the salary slips.

Best Regards,

push_hsmp

Mideast Banker

Bank Statements

Post by Mideast Banker » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:25 pm

I can provide the bank Statement but it will show just the net amount. My bank is receiving my net Salary. The party that does the deduction is my emploeyr and gather it with the income tax of all employees and then send it as lumpsum to tax authorities.

Can you pls clarfiy on this.

Thanks

apeterso925

Re: Bank Statements

Post by apeterso925 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:50 pm

But don't your wage slips show the net amount that matches your bank statements?

Mine show both my gross earnings and my net earnings. The caseworker will be able to match your bank statement to the net amount on your wage slips (if the line exists).
Mideast Banker wrote:I can provide the bank Statement but it will show just the net amount. My bank is receiving my net Salary. The party that does the deduction is my emploeyr and gather it with the income tax of all employees and then send it as lumpsum to tax authorities.

Can you pls clarfiy on this.

Thanks

Mideast Banker

Wage slips and bank Satements

Post by Mideast Banker » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:57 pm

The bank Statement will show the net salary received. My wage slips are very detailed showing all deductions including the largest one for income tax. If I understood what you said. a detailed and stamped wage slipd along with the bank statements will be sufficient to prove the salary.

Am I right folks :?: :?:

rshkol
Newly Registered

Post by rshkol » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:01 pm

dear friends,

please can you help, I am struggling to write the reason for the exceptional evidence.

1. P60 covers only until 5-apr-2007. my claim period is end May-07

2. Pay slips - show the Gross/Net salary, NI no etc. But the payslip doesn't have a stamp or sign, but it has the company name.

3. Bank statements show only the NET PAY.

4. Employers letter show only the GROSS pay.

please suggest how to explain this. Thanks a ton

rshkol

apeterso925

Re: Wage slips and bank Satements

Post by apeterso925 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:19 pm

Mideast Banker wrote:The bank Statement will show the net salary received. My wage slips are very detailed showing all deductions including the largest one for income tax. If I understood what you said. a detailed and stamped wage slipd along with the bank statements will be sufficient to prove the salary.

Am I right folks :?: :?:
Well, the tax document is a must - even though it usually doesn't cover the full period.

If you either don't plan to submit a tax document or if it doesn't cover the whole period you are claiming, your bank statements and wage slips will suffice as alternate evidence, but make sure you complete the exceptional consideration request for that section.

Amy

jimmy50
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy50 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:20 pm

I have a question in relation to all this.

If my tax return only covers a certain period (eg. 9 of the 12 months), should I only send in bank statements for the missing 3 months? I ask this because I have bank statements covering the whole 12 months...would it hurt to send them all in?

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:24 pm

jimmy50 wrote:I have a question in relation to all this.

If my tax return only covers a certain period (eg. 9 of the 12 months), should I only send in bank statements for the missing 3 months? I ask this because I have bank statements covering the whole 12 months...would it hurt to send them all in?
It shouldn't hurt - is there any conflicting data on the bank statements? I would send all 12 months if all 12 months corroborate your wage slips.