ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arturski
Newly Registered

English Certificate

Post by arturski » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Hello,

My wife is soon due to apply for her ILR papers after we had a 2 year extension on her spouse visa. As part of her previous visas she had to pass a CEFR language test and received an overall score of C1.

Reading and Writing were not assessed.

Listening C2
Speaking B1

Overall C1

Does she still need to pass the ESOL exam as well or is this document still sufficient?

WR1

Re: English Certificate

Post by WR1 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:41 pm

The scores are fine and the test can be submitted again for ILR assuming the test is still on the list of acceptable qualifications as you don't mention which test it was.

In addition to this, you wife will also need to pass the Life in the UK test.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

arturski
Newly Registered

Re: English Certificate

Post by arturski » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks for the reply, sorry I thought CEFR is the name,

Its just says that she has been awarded the *Name of College* English Language Certificate, CEFR. We have the original certificate but nothing else. I saw on the Home Office list of qualifications that you need some kind of Test Report as well.

Would It help if I scan it in and show you?

Thank you

P.S Yes we booking the life in the UK test soon. Wish the english language standards where as easy to understand as the arrangement for the test.