ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

coa decision time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scotboy82
Newly Registered

coa decision time

Post by scotboy82 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:12 pm

Hi

I am aware that this question has been posted previously, but wondering if anyone has any recent experience with applying for a Certificate of Approval to get married in the UK. When did you apply and when did you get a decision?

I am aware that the official guidance is between 20 - 70 working days and that 70% are decided within a month. Wanted to check if anyone has had recent experience in light of the recent House of Lord judgement.

On Home office website they state (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applyi ... artnership)
"3.6 The Certificate of Approval scheme has not been suspended following this judgement, although some decisions could be stayed for a short period pending the issuing of new guidance."

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:57 pm

Have they given you some kind of acknowledgment letter which states that they are holding your passport for this purpose

scotboy82
Newly Registered

Post by scotboy82 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:49 pm

I haven't actually applied yet, I am applying this weekend. I just want to know how long the decision is likely to take based on other peoples recent experience.

turquoise
Newly Registered

Post by turquoise » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:09 pm

We applied end of April - 23rd, I believe, and received permission just under four weeks later.

scotboy82
Newly Registered

Post by scotboy82 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Hey,

Just in case anyone comes across this post, we got our COA today!! Only applied two weeks and 4 days ago, not too bad at all!!!

So seems like despite recent judgements if your case is straightforward, (she is on two year student visa) that your decision time should be relatively quick!

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:56 am

applied end of august 2007 till now, no reply! i'm illegal my partner is from eu! with loads of love and kids!