ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

upsydaisy
Newly Registered

British passport interview

Post by upsydaisy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Stressed! ! Please help/guide..
I had an interview today at Luton office as London was pack and I didn't get any appointment. Unlike London, the stadd there wasn't friendly. Well leave that aside, my main concern is she keep making notes of whatever I was saying! !is that normal? I mean word to word she was noting down. She asked all common questions like spell your name and address and dob , parter and parents details etc . She also asked me how did I apply NI? What document I submitted! ! That was 9 years ago. . I don't even remember it so I was like a bit shocked by question and didn't know what to say. . Still I manage to recall as much I could. The next question was about my college and which course I did n subjects and when it was started when finished etc!!it was more like a immigration questions than id check! It was 9+years ago and I didn't remember perfectly, it was obvious that I had to recall so I took little time to reply. But why she was asking me all those questions! ? I was already nervous and she made me more. I'm bit worried now. . Please can anyone guide me or response?

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: British passport interview

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:52 am

dont worry.. they will ask all your personal questions..no need to feel nervous if you think you haven't answered correctly..If you have failed to answer correctly.. which happened to my friend. they gave him a call again after a week and asked him .. do you remember opening a bank account other than the one you told me ? he then recalled that he opened a bank account with a small bank long ago which he didnt recall during the interview process... he then told her on the call abt the bank account .. and he was cleared off and got the passport a bit late..

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:06 pm

You should be fine.. they make you stress only to check your identity as every one is different they would have different set of questions.. I wont worry much about it..

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:58 am

What you experienced is nothing different to what others experience. It is normal and expected.