ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can't Attend Ceremony as will be out of Country

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wzowee
Newly Registered

Can't Attend Ceremony as will be out of Country

Post by wzowee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:40 am

Hi All,

My wife has just applied for Naturalisation via the local NCS and we've discovered there is currently a 3 month backlog of applications and then most likely another month or two past that before an available ceremony.

Our current plans were to be out of the country indefinitely from December onwards. Assuming the application is approved what are the options if it is not possible to attend a ceremony.

The Gov website has the cryptic "You must attend a citizenship ceremony if you’re living in the UK at the time." comment but no details of what the alternative is if any.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: Can't Attend Ceremony as will be out of Country

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:26 pm

As she has applied today .. there is a good chance that the whole process can well extend beyond Dec to Mar.. at the present timeline..

Also I heard that.. even if you ask them to cancel the application.. sometimes they dont generally cancel it..

Give a call to NCS where you applied or
call to UKBA 0300 123 2253 .. & one caution.. dont take UKBA agent's words as gospel.. as some of them are not well informed..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Are you British?

You can transfer the ceremony abroad if she applied as a spouse of BC and you move permanently abroad. Otherwise, you are expected to be in the UK for the ceremony (actually you are expected to live in the UK following naturalisation).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Jambo wrote:Are you British?

You can transfer the ceremony abroad if she applied as a spouse of BC and you move permanently abroad. Otherwise, you are expected to be in the UK for the ceremony (actually you are expected to live in the UK following naturalisation).
can it be transferred to any country if someone applies as a spouse of bc.. ??

If no,, can you pls send me the list of countries considered..

wzowee
Newly Registered

Post by wzowee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:42 pm

I"m a naturalised British citizen and her application is based on being married to me. Do you have a links to details of this transfer possibility?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

wzowee
Newly Registered

Post by wzowee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks for the info - looks quite promising.