ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 35000 requirement - all five years or 5th year only

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

TIER 2 35000 requirement - all five years or 5th year only

Post by msohaib25 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:22 pm

I am on student visa and company is offering me tier 2 visa. I understand salary requirement to eligible for ilr is 35000 but confusion is ukba nowhere mentioned if the employee does need to earn 35000 for all 5 years or in the last 5th year or at the time of ilr aPPLIcation?

they are offering me 27000 as per soc codes according to job title, please answer and provide reference if possible

Please help me out

Regards,
Sohaib

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: TIER 2 35000 requirement - all five years or 5th year on

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:37 pm

At the time of applying ILR, the minimum salary should be GBP35,000. However, this may change depending on when you make the application. It may go up in future years. This rule is applicable for ILR applications made as of today.

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply but question still stands there either the employee needs to earn 35k for all 5 years or just the 5th year (last year) before he qualify for ILR

Or it doesn't matter whatever he was earning before (obviously atleast or above depending on SOC codes) but when he will make application for ILR he should be on 35000 pa salary and can be shown by last payslip?

Is it right otherwise please advise?

Regards,
Sohaib

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:05 am

As far as I know there is no set figure for Tier 2 ILR applications. The requirement is that you are paid at the appropriate rate for your job, so this will depend on which Code your job falls under. For ILR applications, the appropriate rate will be the experienced rate. This is because you will not have been able to reach 5 years under Tier 2 without being paid at the experienced rate by the time you are eligible for ILR.

If you qualify as a 'new entrant' now, then you can be paid the new entrant rate. However, the guidance seems to exclude 5 year CoS's from this, so that if your sponsor wants to assign you a 5 year CoS, you must be paid at the experienced rate.

If it is a 3 year CoS, then when you come to extend your Tier 2 leave, your new CoS will have to be at the experienced rate.

So, either way, by the time you apply for ILR your CoS at the time must have stated the experienced rate.

If you qualify for the new entrant rate now, then you can be assigned a CoS for 3 years at the new entrant rate.

And unless I am wrong on this, if you are assigned a CoS for 5 years, then you have to be paid at the experienced rate, regardless of whether you qualify for the new entrant rate now.

Also, as moonlight55 rightly said, the experienced rate for your job Code in 3 years time will have changed. Your job Code may have changed by then too. If you apply to extend, you will have to be paid at the experienced rate for your job Code which is applicable at the time you make the application. This will be the correct rate if you apply for ILR 2 years later.

Good luck!

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:00 am

Correction: forgive me, although not currently the rule, from 6 april 2016 the ilr requirement will be.. 35000 or the appropriate rate in your job code, whichever is higher.

To answer the op's question then, it doesn't seem clear yet, but this applies at the time of the application for ilr. So most likely it should be for the month prior to this. Unless someone can correct this?

msohaib25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohaib25 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:57 am

Hi ECOTROT,

Thanks for your detail answer it's highly appreciated

I got your point related to experience rate on latest COS, 27500 pa is experiecne rate for the SOC code assigned to me

My question is that if suppose i will get 3 years visa on 27500 pa salary then if i get this extended for further 2 years with same expereicne rate 27500 (means same COS).

What are the possiblities to qualify for ILR under 35000 salary requirement.

1- If my employer starts to pay me 35000 in the last year (means fifth year, does it also need to be updated on COS?)
2- if they start to pay me as per 35000 salary just 3-4 months before i qualify for ILR (so i can show payslips that i am earning 35000)
3- Letter from employer would be enough that i will be paid 35000 from the 6th year

so the question is how long should i be on 35000 salary? Please answer in detail and if you can add any reference would be much apprecaited

Regards,
Sohaib

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:32 pm

245HF. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain

(d) The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant's last grant of leave must:

(i) still hold, or have applied for a renewal of, a Tier 2 Sponsor licence in the relevant category; and

(ii) certify in writing that:

(1) he still requires the applicant for the employment in question, and

(2) in the case of a Tier 2 (General) Migrant applying for settlement, the applicant is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J, or where the applicant is not paid at that rate only due to maternity, paternity or adoption leave, the date that leave started and that the applicant was paid at the appropriate rate immediately before the leave.

(e) The applicant provides the specified documents in paragraph 245HF-SD to evidence the sponsor's certification in subsection (d)(ii) and to evidence the reason for the absences set out in paragraph 245AAA.

245HF-SD Specified documents

The specified documents referred to in paragraph 245HF(e) are set out in A, B and C below:

A.Either a payslip and a personal bank or building society statement, or a payslip and a building society pass book.
(a) Payslips must be:
(i) the applicant's most recent payslip,
(ii) dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application, and
(iii) either:
(1) an original payslip,
(2) on company-headed paper, or.....

Above is an extract from the relevant rules for Tier 2 ILR applications (except ICT).

For the time being at least, the rules do not seem specifically to state the £35,000 requirement, merely the 'appropriate rate as stated in the Codes of Practice'.

These rules are valid for ILR applications made under Tier 2 on today's date. For such applications, my first post in this thread applies. The evidence you need to provide is your most recent payslip, to show you are being paid at the appropriate rate (i.e. the experienced rate).

However, in February 2012 the new 35000 threshold, to apply as of 6 April 2016, was set out in the government's Statement of Intent (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... as-soi.pdf). According to the Statement, its contents were supposed to be.

What confuses me is that, as you can see from the Rules I cited, there is nothing at all about the £35,000 requirement yet. Hopefully someone can clarify for me, but either this new threshold will only come into the Rules from 6 April 2016, and by which time they will have been updated, or the threshold idea was scrapped, which is why it is not in there. Knowing the government, I imagine it is probably the former.

If so, then I guess we will only really know the definitive answer to your original question once the Rules and Guidance have been updated to include the £35,000 threshold and to explain how this will operate in practice.

The extract I have cited, which is currently in force, may give a hint, insofar as it requires evidence for the most recent salary payment (i.e. within 31 days prior to the application).

However, the problem we have here is that the rate required for ILR is the same rate (subject to the annual increments in the Code) which would have been required for the ILR applicant's last CoS (i.e. the experience rate found in the Codes). And so there is currently no way I can see for an applicant (who is eligible for ILR after 5 years on Tier 2) to be paid less than the experienced rate in the Code, or he/she would not have met the salary rate when the CoS was assigned.

The changes that (I'm still assuming) will come as of 6 April 2016 introduce a new problem which doesn't appear to have existed up till now. Your question touches on this exact point, because as of 2016 there will now be a potential discrepancy between the experienced rate in the Codes and the new £35,000 threshold!

So, as you say, you can be paid the correct experienced rate when you gat your CoS, and yet not meet the threshold when you come to apply for ILR later on.

All of which waffling leads me to think that the most likely outcome is that you will need to be paid at least 35,000 at the time you make your application. By analogy with the current rules, you will have to produce your latest payslip to prove this. If this is the case, you only have to be paid at 35000 a year for the month prior to your ILR application.

But, one caveat, there may have been a reason that these changes were planned so far in advance. This may be have been to give people enough time to plan ahead, and make sure their final CoS before applying for ILR meets the £35,000 requirement. This would not surprise me.

So, to sum up, and to apologise for all this unnecessary and confusing text I have written, I think the real answer may be that we just don't know yet!

I'd be interested if anyone could confirm why these changes are not in the Rules yet. Is it simply delayed due to their not being applicable until April 2016?

Sorry, I hope that was an answer, well, sort of an answer to your question :?

Good luck anyway!

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:00 pm

@Ecotrot well answered mate thanks for input

mmo
Newly Registered

Post by mmo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:54 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:@Ecotrot well answered mate thanks for input
Hi there,

I am in the same boat as you. I will complete five years on tier 2 in May 2016. But at the moment I am earning just £33600. I can convince my company to increase it to 35k. But, since it is a big organisation, it will take some time. So hopefully, the rule means we need to earn that much at the time of applying for ILR.
I will keep my application progress on here when I apply.

Best of luck

mmo
Newly Registered

Post by mmo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Someone sent me a private message regarding this thread and I dot know who. Also when I click the link in my notification email it said I am not authorized to read private messages. How can I contact site admins for this matter?

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Post by talk2ram.28 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:34 pm

Last pay slip before applying for ILR must show a salary of 35k/12 or salary as per code of practise whichever is higher.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:45 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!