ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC form question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chihhungkao
Newly Registered

EC form question

Post by chihhungkao » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:29 am

Dear All,

In the EC form, there is a section about how long do you intend to stay in the uk?

Just wondering what do you guys put in here?

2 years?

Thanks

apeterso925

Re: EC form question

Post by apeterso925 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:07 am

chihhungkao wrote:Dear All,

In the EC form, there is a section about how long do you intend to stay in the uk?

Just wondering what do you guys put in here?

2 years?

Thanks
I put 2 years, yes...but I was hesitant too! I think that's in there because the application is somewhat generic to accommodate different visa types (so, not just HSMP).

I was approved and was given a 2 year visa, so it seems it worked :D

But conceptually, it seems an odd question...part of me wanted to write "forever," because I very much hope to stay in the UK permanently, but I figured that wasn't what the ECO wanted to see :D

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:25 pm

I wrote: Initially for 2 years under the HSMP scheme (in order to demonstrate (?) :) that I intend to make UK as my main home)

regards,

push_hsmp

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:24 pm

push_hsmp wrote:I wrote: Initially for 2 years under the HSMP scheme (in order to demonstrate (?) :) that I intend to make UK as my main home)

regards,

push_hsmp
Much more astute than my wording! :D Not that it obviously matters for me, but I wish I'd thought of that ;)