ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OK to apply for Tier 2 when unemployed?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

OK to apply for Tier 2 when unemployed?

Post by repeatcell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:46 am

Hi Guys,

I have never been unemployed before :)
I got this offer of a job from London and due to several circumstances including that I didn't want to keep my present employer in the dark, I quit my job 2 months back. Does it somehow affect me now when I apply for a Tier 2 General visa? Do I need to submit a letter from my past employer with my visa application (who may not be willing to give me this letter)?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: OK to apply for Tier 2 when unemployed?

Post by manci » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 am

deleted
Last edited by manci on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 am

are you in the UK or outside? If in the UK what is your immigration status?

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:15 pm

I ama an Indian national and in India

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:51 pm

your previous job, and that you are currently unemployed, are not relevant for the T2G application. You don't need any letter from the previous employer but you must have a restricted CoS from your prospective new employer before you can apply for entry clearance.

NMohammed
Newly Registered
India

Post by NMohammed » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi Manci,

Could you please advice me on my situation?

I am working for company A on TIER 2,but recently I got a conditional offer from company B,so i accepted it and switched my visa to company B sponsorship and recevied my new BRP card.
But i am still working for company A,because the start date on company B cos is 1st Sept so i think i can legally work of company A till 31st August.(correct me if i am wrong)

However as i have to complete 1 week notice period at company A i am thinking to resign by the end of this week so that i can complete 1 week notice(i.e next week).

But the problem is that although i got my visa I have not recevied my unconditional offer yet.
My new employer is saying that start date is definetly 1st Sep but it will take them some time to generate the contract, so i might receive it (pdf copy) by friday after noon or next week.

If i receive it on friday,that's good but the problem is, on friday ,we have business continuty test at company A so i will be working from home so i can not hand in my resignation in person,i have to send an email ,can i do that?

if i do not receive the contract this week what options do i have?
can i extend my start date? or should i resign this week itself irrespective of receving the contract as i got the new visa already?

Please help me out.

Thanks and regards,

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by repeatcell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:24 pm

manci wrote:your previous job, and that you are currently unemployed, are not relevant for the T2G application. You don't need any letter from the previous employer but you must have a restricted CoS from your prospective new employer before you can apply for entry clearance.
Thanks so much for your clear response.