ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Buying a Business in Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kewstu
Newly Registered

Buying a Business in Australia

Post by Kewstu » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi

I am thinking of buying a grocery store in NSW, which is advertised elsewhere on the Net.

If I buy a business do I automatically get a visa as a business owner or do I have to go through points scoring to get a Visa?

Any help would be appreciated.

Stu

Vicki
Newly Registered

Post by Vicki » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:56 am

Hi Stu,

Business skills visa are granted on the basis of the applicant having a successful business career in their own country and wishing to establish a business (or buy one) in Australia.

Best place to start is to have a look at the business skills visa page of the Department of Immigration website immi.gov.au.

Basically, applicants need to show a succesful business career, a certain ownership interest in a business, a minimum turnover and personal and business assets which can be transferred to Australia. You need to show that you have researched your business opportunity in Australia and have prepared a business plan.

There are a number of business visa options, some are independent and others require state or territory government sponsorship.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Vicki