ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR without Employer letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joecage
Newly Registered

ILR without Employer letter

Post by Joecage » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi all,
I came to the UK under Intra company transfer in early 2010. I will be eligible for ILR in December 2014. Recently, there is news that my employer will not give the employer reference letter to people applying for ILR. I can see from my searches that many other companies do this to prevent employees from leaving the company.

Is there a way around this? Please suggest.

susan0x

Re: ILR without Employer letter

Post by susan0x » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:02 am

Dont ask your company that you are going to apply for ILR and it requires reference letter.
Ask them for a general reference letter for opening a bank account or sponsering your family member.

Joecage
Newly Registered

Post by Joecage » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:28 am

As you may understand, I still have a little over 3 months before I become eligible. Can I take the letter and keep it now, or do I have to have letter made at a date closer to the day I am applying?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:10 pm

i would keep all documents dated 28 days or earlier.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:34 pm

susan0x wrote:Dont ask your company that you are going to apply for ILR and it requires reference letter.
Ask them for a general reference letter for opening a bank account or sponsering your family member.

not as simple as that. The letter would need to confirm that you are still required for the employment in question and that you are paid the appropriate rate. The employer would also need to confirm in writing the length and purpose of your absences during the employment.

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 pm

manci wrote:
susan0x wrote:Dont ask your company that you are going to apply for ILR and it requires reference letter.

not as simple as that. The letter would need to confirm that you are still required for the employment in question and that you are paid the appropriate rate. The employer would also need to confirm in writing the length and purpose of your absences during the employment.

1) You can get separate letter for UK absences with UK leave and enter dates only( you need to fill the same dates in SET(O) as well.
2) You can mention your current annual salary in employer letter and that you are still required for employment.
3) employment start date + your designation
4) To fulfil point 2 and 3, i agree with susa0x - can also give reason as home rental agreement related.

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:17 am

All it depends on Joecage's Visa Type.

In T1 Case, Employee reference letter is not required as I have seen some cases of my colleagures and friends.
In T2 Case, Employee reference letter demanded for Rent Agreement\New Bank Account\Sponsering a Family member to visit UK must have all the informations like Salary, still required in employment and total period working with org in UK except absence. If Joecage's absence is not more than 180 days or not a big gap so I dont think he requires any absence letter....

Manci, please clarify this.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:55 am

There is no getting round the specific requirements of the employer letter.
If you employer is not going to issue the letter stating you are still required for the role then you can not access ILR.
Manci has stated that in a nice way. I am stating it in a blunt way for the avoidance of doubt.