ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Visa sponsorship application time scale

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarathml86
India

Tier2 Visa sponsorship application time scale

Post by sarathml86 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 am

Hi Evryone,
My prospective employer has applied for their tier2 license on 18th of this month,

Does any one know how long the application would take to get a decision? I am yet to give a notice period with my current employer but reluctant to do that as my new employer has not yet attained the license, cant see a reason for them not attaining one however would like to know how long would this take with current scenarion? some one told me 3 week or lesser is that true?

I appreciate if some one could help me witht his

alexandras
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 Visa sponsorship application time scale

Post by alexandras » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:59 am

HI,

My potential employers had to apply for licence as well. The first time round they didn't send correct supporting documents which took them a couple of weeks to collect but then they got they licence quite quickly, possibly within two weeks?

Another thing you have to take into the account is that after they get their licence, they will also have to apply for CoS which will also take sometime to issue. On my part I am waiting until I get the CoS AND get my new visa and then I am handing in my notice.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:10 am

Licence application should take no more than six weeks. This assumes no issues or admin problems with the application.
There is also the RLMT to consider. They cant issue a COS until that is completed.

sarathml86
India

Post by sarathml86 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I am still waiting to get a feed back from my employer its now 2 weeks.

Thanks