ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Name - British Passport and OCI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandh79

Change of Name - British Passport and OCI

Post by anandh79 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:56 am

Hi,

We have received our Naturalization certificate recently and have following queries.

My wife has her fathers name in the indian passport as surname.

1. Can she change her surname to my name while applying British Passport for the first time?

2. if so, will she have problems applying OCI (Indian overseas card) since she needs to use her indian passport name in the application.

3. Even if OCI sticker is issued, that will have her fathers name as surname whereas the british passport will have my name as surname.

Expert advise on this please!

Regards
Krish

vivdubes

Re: Change of Name - British Passport and OCI

Post by vivdubes » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:46 pm

What is the name in the naturalisation certificate ?

That is the name which is going to be followed in all British documents unless you go for change in name. All the relevant information is in the below link...

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll

anandh79

Re: Change of Name - British Passport and OCI

Post by anandh79 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:40 am

Hi

Thanks.

I have no doubts in British passport as deed poll should be enough. When I apply passport, i need to send the naturalization and deed poll.

I am worried about more on OCI, do they accept Deed Poll or do I need any other document?

Regards
Krish