ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Offered a job but employer doesn't have license

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JS28
Member of Standing

Offered a job but employer doesn't have license

Post by JS28 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi All,

I am currently working as a College lecturer and on Tier 2 General visa valid until March 2016. I recently applied for a job at another college and got the job. The problem is the employer doesn't have a license and they want someone to work asap.

I am not sure either if they have seen my application where I stated Tier 2 working visa.

Am I correct that they will have to pay me the senior pay for me to get a new Tier 2 visa?

Can anyone please help me in terms of where do I stand in this situation? Once they've offered me the job, do they have to apply for a license or can they still back out?

I hope that you can reply to my query asap.

Thank you

repeatcell
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Offered a job but employer doesn't have license

Post by repeatcell » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Cannot really answer u completely but I didn't understand what you mean by senior pay. As you are already a college lecturer you should be on at least spine point 37 or above an thus you are well above the min. Required to apply for a tier 2. The new employer should also in some cases pay for your new visa fee. Hope it helps.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 pm

HI,

I was talking about the senior pay scale on SOC code. If you renew your tier 2 then you have to be paid the senior lecturer pay which is £32,421

-Lecturer or equivalent (new entrant): £21,719
 Senior lecturer / advanced teacher and equivalent: £32,421
 Further education management / principal lecturer and equivalent: £35,551

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Can anyone please help?