ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process for volunteer leave

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gurung1365
Newly Registered

Process for volunteer leave

Post by gurung1365 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:28 pm

hello,
I would be really great-full if someone can explain me the procedure about the volunteer departure from UK. Few months ago I applied for an extension on FLR(M) for my wife. Unfortunately, it came back rejected due to not providing child's birth certificate,passport and English certificate. After calling to home office, we were told to send the missing documents with request to reconsider. We sent it back but after two and half months we did not hear anything from them, during all this waiting her visa expired .

I am posted to Cyprus(Army Posting) and need to be there on 5th Sept and can not leave wife and kid in UK hence, I am sending them back to Nepal. After sending the request to return our documents, we received the phone call from UKBA. The UKBA staff told us that they will not return the documents to us but my wife will get it at the airport when she will leave. I have been told that they will call us back once they will get our documents and arrange a meeting.

Now, can anyone please tell me how does that work? and if there are any complications to wife when she will leave?

Thanks
Mr. Gurung

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Process for volunteer leave

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Are you in the British armed forces?

gurung1365
Newly Registered

Post by gurung1365 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Yes, I am

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:13 pm

There's a whole different set of Immigration Rules for dependants of members of the armed forces.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... MASTER.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 3.0EXT.pdf

Is there a department who helps serving member with things like this? Could you get on the phone to your MP on Monday?

There is a way to do a voluntary departure, but I don't understand how this situation isn't fixable.

gurung1365
Newly Registered

Post by gurung1365 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:58 pm

Hello Paper pusher,
Many thanks for your reply. In my case it's just the matter of the time which I don't have. We sent the reconsideration letter with missing docs but after that we did not hear anything for (2 months) until now. I am flying to Cyprus on my new posting on 5th. So, my plan is to send wife and kid back to Nepal and re-apply for visa from there. Just a bit worried that they might stop my wife and ask many question as she has overstayed for about two months.

Also, why UKBA workers are not returning her passport to us instead of sending it to the airport? We were told that she has to collect it from the airport the day she will leave the country.

In my case, do you think we will be able to apply for a new visa?

many thanks