ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 REFUSED-URGENT HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dan883

TIER 2 REFUSED-URGENT HELP

Post by dan883 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi everyone
my tier 2 general visa was refused on the grounds of inappropriate salary and my current psw visa expired a week ago. I have right to appeal but there is no point as the reason is very clear. I have been given 10 business day to appeal. Can I make a fresh application in this period?? I am really confused and don't know what to do next. Its a long weekend and I haven't talked to my employer yet...Any word of courage would be appreciated...

Thank You
Dan

manci
Respected Guru

Re: TIER 2 REFUSED-URGENT HELP

Post by manci » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:58 pm

dan883

Post by dan883 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:23 pm

hi manci
Thank you for your response and that was quiet helpful.

Still a small confusion.

If I withdraw the appeal , how long will they take to accept me my withdrawal and how will it be notified to me.. and after the withdrawal do i become a over stayer?

Deepee
Newly Registered

Post by Deepee » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi everyone, I will like to share some news and light regarding the tier2 general visa refusal from my experience. This may help save money on solicitors as there is nothing special they do.

I applied to switch from post study work visa which expired on the 17th of May 2014 to a tier 2 sponsored visa for 3years. Every thing went well with the application. About 2 weeks after I received a letter from the home office staying that the fee I paid was incorrect. I showed it to my employer who called them and they adviced the same that we should pay an extra 400pounds. Which we did. Little did we know that it was the beginning of our problems. On July 1st 2014. I received a letter staying that my visa was refused and that I should leave the country. reason for refusal:inappropriate salary. Apparently my office had assigned the COS for four years and even if i applied for 3years was classed as an experienced worker. Distraught I sought help from HR in my office who clarified the same from the home office. Having over stayed at this time. I slough help from a solicitor who listened to the case he felt sorry that we had wasted all the money and still a refusal. Long story short on the 2nd of September 2014. I received an email,that my visa was in. Here is what we did. We applied for urgent COS to be issued

Solicitor adviced that I re-applied first before appeal so as to protect my working rights so I applied for a new one within the 28days of overstaying and then I appealed against decision to protect rights to work. Sometime in August we received an email from a caseworker in the home office advising that a decision was about to be made on the new visa application and that if we still wanted to proceed with the appeal. We said no that we have withdrawn appeal (which we did shortly before replying email by fax) and that we wanted new application considered. About 3 weeks later we received visa. If we knew it was that simple we wouldn't have wasted over 2000pounds on lawyer who did nothing really major. So in future at least I know what to do. This may help someone save money. Thanks

Cross87
Newly Registered

Post by Cross87 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:16 pm

Deepee wrote:Hi everyone, I will like to share some news and light regarding the tier2 general visa refusal from my experience. This may help save money on solicitors as there is nothing special they do.

I applied to switch from post study work visa which expired on the 17th of May 2014 to a tier 2 sponsored visa for 3years. Every thing went well with the application. About 2 weeks after I received a letter from the home office staying that the fee I paid was incorrect. I showed it to my employer who called them and they adviced the same that we should pay an extra 400pounds. Which we did. Little did we know that it was the beginning of our problems. On July 1st 2014. I received a letter staying that my visa was refused and that I should leave the country. reason for refusal:inappropriate salary. Apparently my office had assigned the COS for four years and even if i applied for 3years was classed as an experienced worker. Distraught I sought help from HR in my office who clarified the same from the home office. Having over stayed at this time. I slough help from a solicitor who listened to the case he felt sorry that we had wasted all the money and still a refusal. Long story short on the 2nd of September 2014. I received an email,that my visa was in. Here is what we did. We applied for urgent COS to be issued

Solicitor adviced that I re-applied first before appeal so as to protect my working rights so I applied for a new one within the 28days of overstaying and then I appealed against decision to protect rights to work. Sometime in August we received an email from a caseworker in the home office advising that a decision was about to be made on the new visa application and that if we still wanted to proceed with the appeal. We said no that we have withdrawn appeal (which we did shortly before replying email by fax) and that we wanted new application considered. About 3 weeks later we received visa. If we knew it was that simple we wouldn't have wasted over 2000pounds on lawyer who did nothing really major. So in future at least I know what to do. This may help someone save money. Thanks
I am in this situation. I need some help, urgently. Can you give me some more information on how exactly this happened?