ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect of Benefit on Family appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silverbird
Newly Registered

Effect of Benefit on Family appeal

Post by silverbird » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:28 am

Hi everyone I need some help here.

I am appealing based on article 8 I have a British wife and child and my wife also has a child from a previous relationship so they wont expect us to move to my own country also because they are british.

I do have a problem as my wife is claiming housing benefit and council tax reduction because I had to stop work due to my visa application being considered before refusal.

Will this benefit claim be a problem at the tribunal when I go for hearing?

Thank you

Rayking

income drops or loss of job

Post by Rayking » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Be aware moderators don't like people encroaching other people's thread.
As your wife is British, she can claim anything, as long as it's not in joint name.if you're not claiming with her,I think there shouldn't be problem.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Effect of Benefit on Family appeal

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:03 pm

I have had to split your topic as we don't tolerate people hijacking other people's thread with irrelevant post.

Please dont do than anymore.

If your wife and children are British you may win under Exception 1, although settlement will be on a 10 years route.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors