ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unlawful Boarding denial by Ryaniar ( Compensation)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wuyiibisomi
Newly Registered
Estonia

Unlawful Boarding denial by Ryaniar ( Compensation)

Post by wuyiibisomi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi guys,

Admins please kindly move this post to the right topic or thread.

I am a Non-Eu family member of and EU citizen .I was wrongfully denied boarding a Ryanair flight from Tallinn, Estonia into the UK .I was trying to exercise my EU free movement travelling right by travelling with my EU citizen spouse without the required EEA family permit. I had in my possession proves like Marriage certificates ,children birth certificates e.t.c . I even checked at the airport 2 weeks before my flight with the check in assistance . Handing them relevant related documents including the EU free movement directive and others.The lady never seem to be interested and wanted me to provide a letter from the UK Embassy stating that it is indeed possible for me to get a Code1 stamp at the port of entry .I was denied boarding on the plane and couldn't travel with my family. I have been issued 2 EEA family permits in the past but the last one had expired 2 weeks before my flight . I didn't have enough time to apply for another one .And I thought I would try my luck with Ryanair. This was unsuccessful .I eventually had to travel to Germany on the same day to apply for a new EEA permit. This was granted after 3 weeks and I have since then joined my family in the UK .

Main reason why I am writing this post is to share my experience with other members and also ask how I could make a compensation claim from Ryanair.I did receive in writing the reason why I was denied boarding which included the name of the check-in agent.

I would like to seek advice from members who had previously claimed compensation from Ryanair or other airlines successfully . Most importantly what email should I write to ?And what details and information is needed to be highlighted ? And in this case how much am I entitled to claim ? (Please note that while trying to board the plane I had with me an Estonian residence permit that does not state that I am a family member of an EU citizen) My intention was to get a Code 1A stamp at the airport in the UK .

Admin : Please kindly move this to the appropriate thread.

Hope to get a response soon and thanks in advance

Best Regards

Ade

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Unlawful Boarding denial by Ryaniar ( Compensation)

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:42 pm

I am confused, you had two EEA permits in the past, what ones, issued by the UK? When did you last travel to the UK. Did you also bring evidence of your spouse exercising treaty rights to the airport?

wuyiibisomi
Newly Registered
Estonia

Post by wuyiibisomi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:57 pm

PaperPusher wrote:I am confused, you had two EEA permits in the past, what ones, issued by the UK? When did you last travel to the UK. Did you also bring evidence of your spouse exercising treaty rights to the airport?
Hi PaperPusher,

Thanks for your response . The EEA Family permits issued outside the UK for entry (6 Months validity ).And my spouse had never exercised treaty rights in the UK prior to our intended trip. Hope this gives you a clearer picture ? If there is anything else you would like to know please ask .

Regards

nosaagho
Newly Registered

Post by nosaagho » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:06 am

Good day i would like to ask if you went with your wife? Because i would be traveling with my baby to meet my wife.on my eea family visa its writen acc with my wife.. but she had to go first to get a job so we can come meet her while she will be wating for us at the airport.... is it possible
For me ... thanks for your answer in advance :)

Tristan
Newly Registered

Post by Tristan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 am

I would try an inquiry with "Your Europe Advice." Here's a link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/advice/enquiry_en.htm

They would probably be able to offer you some very good advice.

wuyiibisomi
Newly Registered
Estonia

Post by wuyiibisomi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 am

Tristan wrote:I would try an inquiry with "Your Europe Advice." Here's a link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/advice/enquiry_en.htm

They would probably be able to offer you some very good advice.
Thank you Tristan,I would try the inquiry.

But I have read about some cases of unlawful boarding denial and successful compensation on here before . for example this link below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... ml#p749200

I am hoping some members who have claimed compensation from an airline in the past could shed more light .

Thanks for your response.
Last edited by wuyiibisomi on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

wuyiibisomi
Newly Registered
Estonia

Post by wuyiibisomi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:32 am

nosaagho wrote:Good day i would like to ask if you went with your wife? Because i would be traveling with my baby to meet my wife.on my eea family visa its writen acc with my wife.. but she had to go first to get a job so we can come meet her while she will be wating for us at the airport.... is it possible
For me ... thanks for your answer in advance :)
Nosaagho:

Yes , as her name is on the permit you have to be travelling with her or joining her. So you should be fine travelling alone. But be prepared to explain to the airline check-in staffs depending on your point of departure.They might ask why your spouse is not travelling with you .As far as you know your rights and can explain you would be fine .You might get questioned at the point of entry in the UK as well.As far as your spouse as truly travelled ahead of you ,you have nothing to worry about.

Good luck

nosaagho
Newly Registered

Post by nosaagho » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:42 am

Thnk you very much wuyiibisomi
I will travling through kaunas(lithuania)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:02 am

Compensation from Ryanair? Good luck with that, they still owe me for a cancelled flight two Xmases ago! I've given up, was only £80 or so anyway....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....