ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal for child with british father

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

micky1579
Newly Registered

Indian passport renewal for child with british father

Post by micky1579 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi,

I got british citizenship earlier this year and yet to apply for british passport. My son is still on Indian passport and his passport is expiring in december. I am planning to get that renewed. As per requirements mentioned on HCI website, they mention the following

"If either of the parents holds a foreign nationality, then a letter from the concerned Embassy or Mission of that country or from the concerned UK authority(in case of British national) stating that the child has not acquired nationality of his / her parent would be required."

Please can someone confirm whom I need to contact to get this statement and what is the process/timelines.

Also, they mention

"Original Passports of both the parents are required to be furnished at the time of submission of application for issue of Passport for a child and self-attested photocopies of Passports/visa of both parents are also required to be submitted along with the application form for the minor child’s Passport."

I still have my Indian passport with me but haven't got my british passport yet. In the form, i will have to mention my nationality as British in which case, is it correct to submit my Indian passport as per the requirement above. Will it not cause confusion?

Please advise how should i approach my son's Indian passport renewal.

Thanks

newbie_t

Re: Indian passport renewal for child with british father

Post by newbie_t » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:07 am

Google 'NQ form'

You have to apply it for your son confirming that he hasn't acquired British Citizenship.