ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa To Marry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nchowdhury
United Kingdom

Visa To Marry

Post by nchowdhury » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:45 am

I do apologise if I am duplicating the issue.
Have searched as far as I can but could not find any which relates to my issue.

Problem:
Want to get married, I am in regular touch with my fiancé via phone, email etc. in Inida
I know that have to go and get married in India and apply for the visa - I know this route.

The question - Is there any other possible way that I can call her here in UK and get married here instead of going to India.
If yes then could anyone guide me please.
Help and guidance will be highly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Regards
N. Chowdhury

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Visa To Marry

Post by MPH80 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:51 am

Yes - you apply for a fiancee visa instead. Same financial requirements. Also requires you to have met and to plan to marry within 6 months (you need to show evidence of the planning) - then you apply for the spouse visa via form FLR(M) after you get married which puts you back on the same path as the spouse visa.

Note that you need to apply for the fiancee visa (£800-ish application fee) - NOT a marriage visitor visa (£80-ish application fee) as the marriage visitor visa requires your spouse to return to India to then apply for the spouse visa.

M.

nchowdhury
United Kingdom

Post by nchowdhury » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Cheers M,
Much appreciated.
Regards
N. Chowdhury

dmp

Post by dmp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:28 pm

Chowdhury
Yes, you can. Strong evidence of engagement, marriage planning and communications require to satisfy ECO.