ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After citizenship ceremony travel with non british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suwi
Newly Registered

After citizenship ceremony travel with non british passport

Post by suwi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Dear All,
many apologies if this was addressed before, but I did not find any advice for my like situation.

I had my citizenship ceremony by the end of june 2014, Todate i was hesitating to apply for the british passport because my old parents health was not very good for me to wait 6 weeks for the B/passport.
However, problems has not gone away, I now have to travel back to my country of origin by early october to attend about parents health and dementia related problems.(that is when I could get other related health officials arranged)
Now the problem is i will be too late to send the application for B/passport or i may have to have many sleepless nights expecting and waiting for it if i send it now.
Can someone advice me whether I can use my original passport to go and come. I could go before 3 months but will be back after 3 months since ceremony.
grateful for any advice.
Regards
Sue

ouflak1

Re: After citizenship ceremony travel with non british passp

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:28 pm

Does your home country allow dual citizenship?

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi
At the moment ministry of immigration and emmigration (sri lanka) have a notice that they do not accept applications for dual citizenship at the moment,because it is temporary stopped to review the rules. However, until recently they allowed. But they do not say that they do not allow too.
It is where i born and my parents born.

Thx
Sue

weera86
Newly Registered

Post by weera86 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Did you travel to Sri Lanka after your citizenship ceremony with your sri lankan pass port. I m in the same situation now .