ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa to WP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JoshAhoy
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa to WP

Post by JoshAhoy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi,

I understand that a WP dependant spouse can work.

I'v heard its difficult for dependants to find work since it depends on the spouse's time in the UK? How true is this?

Can a WP dependant visa be converted to a WP eventually?

If so, how long should the employer of the dependant wait before applying for the visa?

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Josh

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:23 pm

I am sorry but such a thing is not possible. If you would want to jump from the WP dependant visa to a WP visa, your would-be employer would have to fulfil all the required criteria needed for a new WP application.
I'v heard its difficult for dependants to find work since it depends on the spouse's time in the UK? How true is this?
While I too have heard of such comments it is going to be really a heavy undertaking to categorically acquire the statistics and substance behind such claims.
Jabi

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:07 pm

Docterror wrote:
I am sorry but such a thing is not possible.
Not quite true..

The dependant visa CAN be converted to a WP BUT it depends on how the company presents the case and it helps if the dependant visa holder has been working with the company for more than 6 months and the position he/she holds.

The depending upon how the company presents the case to the HO, the requirements may be waived by the HO.