ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for BC under 6 years route - Advice needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

claraluh
United Kingdom

Applying for BC under 6 years route - Advice needed

Post by claraluh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if My PR application is not sucessful now and I still have a valid visa until 2018, Can I apply for BC after I complete 6 years residence???

If I choose to do so, what will I have to send? I am a dependant of an EEA National, Will I have to send EEA National Passport? Or just the proof of employment and residence for the last 6 years??

I have the proof of work and residence for the last 6 years as I am here since December 2008, Do I have to send the EEA National as well??

Please any advice will be welcome!!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Applying for BC under 6 years route - Advice needed

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:03 pm

If your PR fails, it is highly likely that your naturalisation will fail also.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Obie wrote:If your PR fails, it is highly likely that your naturalisation will fail also.
My Pr failed first time I sent but because they said I didn't send any proof of residing in the Uk for the last 5 years, apart from a police report that I had for a lost passport. But in the refusal letter they listed all documents that I sent and they forgot to mention my bank statements for the last 5 years. I applied with my mom, and it was lots of papers so maybe they didn't see mine or thought it was my mom's. My mom got her PR fine but I had to send it again.

That was the only problem, but I can proove everything.

My question is about the papers I have to send, If I have to send my EEA Nation Passport again when applying for BC or just the copy and proof of excercising treaty rights.

Thanks for your help!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:56 pm

You will need to send evidence showing that your EEA national family member was continuously exercising treaty rights over the last five years, and that you have been living in the UK for a complete year following the gain of PR status.

You will need to show you have been residing in the UK during this period.

English Language and Life in the UK.

I would have advised that you apply for PR first.

The European Casework team are best qualified to determine if someone has PR.

If the refused and you did not appeal, the Citizenship may form the view that you have not secured PR, without undertaking the necessary checks that the Euro section are required to undertake.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:37 am

Thanks a lot for your help Obie!!! Much appreciated!!