ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 4 - permanent residence card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kesm
Newly Registered

Section 4 - permanent residence card

Post by kesm » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Hello,

I live in the UK and have a EU passport. On section 4 of the application form for naturalisation, it states that I need to provide a valid passport and a document certifying permanent residence or a permanent residence card issued by UKBA.

1) Do i have to apply for a permanent residence card then?
2) How long does it take to get the permanent residence card?
3) In the FORM_AN document it says that is is free of charge to apply for a residence card, although I found out that it costs £55 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _06-14.pdf
4) Has anyone else submitted P60s instead of the permanent residence card and the home office was OK with that?

Many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Section 4 - permanent residence card

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:23 am

1. No.
2. 2-3 months.
3. Used to be free. Now its £55.
4. Many. The form has a section (2.4-2.5) for such cases. If you have been employed for 5 continuous years, just provide 5 P60s to show you have obtained PR status at least 1 year before applying.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)