ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application advice - lost old passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mike.green.86
Newly Registered

Application advice - lost old passport

Post by mike.green.86 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:57 am

Hi,

I have been a passive reader for a long time of this forum, and I thank everyone who has contributed in making such a great community and their dedication to helping people out. God bless you all. I will be making my AN1 application in two days time at the Redbridge NCS, and I have discovered to my horror that I can't find my old passport which had my University visa (granted oct. 2003 - oct. 2008). Now this question in the application form has tripped many people up and I am no different:

Date and first arrival into UK

I have a work permit from Aug 2008 which I switched to in country, and I was on Tier 1 and then I have ILR now. I have my passports that is valid from Feb. 2008 onwards.

My question is, if I put the date of first arrival as the student visa (i.e. oct. 2003) , then would I need to provide evidence of the old passport as well. I will send the other passports which cover the last 6 years period?

If I would need to provide the old passport for student visa (which I am unable to now :( :( :( ) , can I write down the date when the work permit was issued and give the place as Heathrow? How much difference would it make?

Please your urgent help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
mike

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Application advice - lost old passport

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Just put down the date. You don't need to provide proof for that.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)