ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time taken to consider the HSMP initial application.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prashantsunny
Newly Registered

Time taken to consider the HSMP initial application.

Post by prashantsunny » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Somebody please help me, my initial aplication for hsmp application has been with the case worker since last 14 days and he is still considering the application. I called the help line and everytime they say that they are still considering the application.
If some one has faced the same problem do let me know and would really appreciate if anyone can guide me that what they are doing with the application.

ball1333

Re: Time taken to consider the HSMP initial application.

Post by ball1333 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:24 pm

prashantsunny wrote:Somebody please help me, my initial aplication for hsmp application has been with the case worker since last 14 days and he is still considering the application. I called the help line and everytime they say that they are still considering the application.
If some one has faced the same problem do let me know and would really appreciate if anyone can guide me that what they are doing with the application.
Your case is not unusual. Have patience. You can send a request for urgent treatment (form available for download on the HSMP site within the workingintheuk.gov.uk domain) if you can't wait.

WoodieG
BANNED

Re: Time taken to consider the HSMP initial application.

Post by WoodieG » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:33 am

prashantsunny wrote:Somebody please help me, my initial aplication for hsmp application has been with the case worker since last 14 days and he is still considering the application. I called the help line and everytime they say that they are still considering the application.
I bet they bloody love you.

Relax, some cases take more than 3 months, two weeks is nothing.
________
OG KUSH MARIJUANA
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:45 am

Hi,
I got my reference no. on July 10th. I called the HO today and I was told that my application is "Under consideration". When I told what does that mean,she said that the caseworker is yet to be assigned.But what I thought was that the caseworker was assigned the day I got the reference number. Isnt the caseworker responsible for sending the ref. no?

rrst_101

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:20 pm

No - the reference number is assigned when the HSMP team receive the application, which occurs after payment of the application fee has cleared. The caseworker is assigned later on.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:53 pm

gordon wrote:No - the reference number is assigned when the HSMP team receive the application, which occurs after payment of the application fee has cleared. The caseworker is assigned later on.
It is? So the man who emailed me with my ref # and signed his name wasn't my caseworker?

I was under the impression that a ref # assignment meant you had been assigned to a caseworker too.

Except logistically, it makes more sense that at that point, you're just loose in the pile. It does seem less than efficient for the caseworker to open each application to find the email address, email the applicant with the ref # and then put the whole application back in his/her queue.

Whereas a system where all the applications are put in line after payment and then an admin person opens each application, emails the applicant and then moves the application to the next line, for caseworker assignment, makes much more sense.

I know some people had nightmare situations where documents got lost, payments were mishandled, etc, but I'm still in awe of how organized both the HO and the NY consulate were in handling and processing my application.

There is a US immigration office in my office building here in DC and I can assure you, from the many confused immigrants I come across on a daily basis, that things are not as organized here!

Amy

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:04 pm

Not sure who sent you the email about your reference number, but was that the same person who signed your approval letter? Because the signatory on the decision letter is your caseworker.
AG

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm

gordon wrote:Not sure who sent you the email about your reference number, but was that the same person who signed your approval letter? Because the signatory on the decision letter is your caseworker.
AG
Oh my. Now, one would think I'd be so excited about that letter to have, well, read it. But it seems I haven't, I have no earthly idea who signed it...I just frantically scanned it to confirm the appearance of "approve" and then put it in the shrine to my visa that has become my file cabinet. And when I had to send it for EC, I again handled the silly thing as though it was priceless jewelry ;) But still didn't really read it.

I'll have to check when I get home...I'll post as to whether or not it's the same person, perhaps that will answer the caseworker question.

Amy