ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel without British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sjunejo
Newly Registered

Travel without British Passport

Post by sjunejo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi,

I have seen many similar question but couldn't find the scenario which involves children.

I would like to know if my baby can travel back to UK using a Certificate of Naturalization?
IF NOT Then
I am going to apply for her Naturalization which now a days taking 4-8 weeks to return and then if I go for her passport it will take another week but we have to travel before this time, so what are my options? After reading all the guides and requirements I am tempted to do following;

Apply for Naturalization --> Travel Abroad (without waiting for the certificate) --> Apply New UK Passport Abroad as soon as we get the Certificate of Naturalization --> This might take 6 months :( --> We would like to return before 6 months off course --> Apply for Emergency Travel Document to return to UK because New passport is not returned back?

Do you think above series of events are acceptable and where do you see my case is weakest?

Regards

RiteshAryal
Newly Registered

Re: Travel without British Passport

Post by RiteshAryal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:48 pm

I've got the same case.
Could any one please suggest us :(

Background:
- Parents are in ILR
- Son (1 year old) born before parent's ILR
- Son travelled to Nepal using Nepalese Travel Document (because he was not registered as British citizen)
- Now, he is already registered as British Citizen
- However, he is in Nepal (different country ) and he travelled their using Nepalese travel document before.
- Now, he wants to come back to UK
- HOW CAN I GET MY SON BACK TO UK ???

Is it possible to get Emergency Travel Document to get him back here in London OR Do I need to apply for passport (which required further 4 to 6 months). But me want to bring him soon.

Any suggestion scholars ???

sjunejo
Newly Registered

Post by sjunejo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:40 pm

I know about this. You should do following;

1) Apply for British Passport from Nepal see this link https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports as normal using your Son Ful Birth Certificate and Naturalization Certificate
2) Wait for your passport if you can and then simply travel on it
3) If you can not wait then apply for Emergency Travel Document from Nepal where you should show the documentation that you have applied for a passport but its not returned as yet but you have to fly back and you be able to get one and travel back to UK.

That's exactly I am going to do as I can not wait for 2-3 months for the naturalization certificate to return

Regards

RiteshAryal
Newly Registered

Post by RiteshAryal » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks for your suggestion mate.

But does it work ?
You know, what I did. I have submitted my documents to the British Embassy at Nepal and they said : Since This (Travel Document - TD) is for the first time applicant we need to talk to central government and if they say YES then we'll give you Travel Document otherwise not". And its already been 3 months now and I'm still waiting for their response :(
I dont know why/how they are taking toooooooo long to decide for YES or NO. IF they come with YES then its good if they say NO for Travel Document they I've to apply passport after that. PASSPORT not applied yet. Passport not applied because it might take further tooooooo long time so thought TD would be quick and easy to bring my son here in UK.

Any idea mate ???

sjunejo
Newly Registered

Post by sjunejo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:50 am

Ok...forget about the ETD now, you should have applied for passport first to strengthen your case anyway.

Do one thing....I am not sure why dont you just apply for passport in UK (urgent application), you only picture of your baby and that's all. Once done simply send that to NEpal by courier (FEDX) and done!

RiteshAryal
Newly Registered

Post by RiteshAryal » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 pm

That does not work mate.
That was my thinking, because this is illegal to do so. You (or anybody) cannot post anybodyelse passport or no one (even parents) can carry anybodyelse (of their children) passport.
I dont under the rule.

I did ETD with the hope that I would get that earlier than the passport.

I STILL DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT.

Any idea, mates ?

sjunejo
Newly Registered

Post by sjunejo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:06 pm

I am sorry I am not sure where you are getting your information. It is not illegal to send someones passport abroad. See DHL website below;

DHL : http://parcel.dhl.co.uk/what-you-can-and-cant-send
FedX: http://www.fedex.com/gb/ukservices/services/terms.html See 12.3.4
People's Experience: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 639AAbhemx

As far as my research goes there is nothing wrong in sending passport overseas

RiteshAryal
Newly Registered

Post by RiteshAryal » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks mate for your valued suggestion.
Now i'm going to do the way you are suggesting ie. using DHL etc.
You are star***
:)