ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) when on visit visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FizzB
Newly Registered

FLR(M) when on visit visa?

Post by FizzB » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi, I have a long term (2 year) valid visitor visa for UK. My husband to be is a British citizen, can I enter the UK on my visitor visa and apply for FLR(M)?

Thank you!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) when on visit visa?

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:45 pm

No.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:25 pm

If you're not married yet and intend to settle here you need to apply for a fiance visa to marry in the UK. After the wedding you would then would then apply for your first 2.5 year extension on form FLR(M).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:20 pm

Casa wrote:If you're not married yet and intend to settle here you need to apply for a fiance visa to marry in the UK. After the wedding you would then would then apply for your first 2.5 year extension on form FLR(M).
To be very clear: the fiancé visa would also need to be applied for when you are outside the UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Or you could of course marry in your own country and apply for a spouse settlement visa from there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.