ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) experience at Sheffield premium service centre

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scoobydoolondon

FLR(M) experience at Sheffield premium service centre

Post by scoobydoolondon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Just want to update the group with my experience of my wife's FLR(M) application last week.

My wife is currently in UK on a Fiance Visa and this is our first FLR(M) application.

Croydon, Solihull and Cardiff are all close to us (we're in West London) but couldn't get an appointment until this week. However, Sheffield was available so we booked the appointment (Thur 28th Aug 10:40am).

Got there at 10:15am, 5 mins in security, very pleasant and likeable chaps. Went into the premium centre, saw the receptionist and 5 mins later we were asked to submit our documents. The lady checked our application briefly to ensure it was signed, photographs attached, etc. Was given a ticket and asked to wait for biometrics.

10 mins later biometrics call up came - wife gave photo and fingerprints - nice and easy.

Sat in the waiting area, which was very nice and pleasant. Comfortable, free coffee and relaxed atmosphere. A screen shows the status of the application and we saw it when it changed to "being considered". Half hour later, our number came up and we were called to the desk. The chap said the Visa was approved and gave us a letter to confirm the approval. He said the BRP would be in the post 7-10 days.

We left just after 12pm so under 2 hours in total!

All in all a very nice experience, very friendly staff and I'd definitely return here for the FLR(M) extension is 30 months time.

Next time, I will do the application all by myself, no need for a solicitor. just make sure the paperwork is spot on. I'm very particular on paperwork and the bundle was well presented as I put it together myself.

PS the bundle of supporting documents is as per my previous post, see here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 70768.html

Rayking

Re: FLR(M) experience at Sheffield premium service centre

Post by Rayking » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:51 pm

Congrats to your wife.