ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having a baby with family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saiph20
Newly Registered

Having a baby with family permit

Post by saiph20 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello!

I want some advice about having a baby in the UK with Family Permit. I'm venezuelan and my husband is venezuelan and italian. My Family Permit is already approved and is valid from October 10th 2014 to April 10th 2015. We are planning to travel to UK in November 13th, but I just realized that I'm pregnant.

Now we don't know what to do. Could I have my baby in the UK??? Do I have to do something special before our trip??? Could I use the NHS??? Do I have to leave the UK and have the baby in another country?

Thanks in advance.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Having a baby with family permit

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

You will be fine to use the NHS, especially if your husband is coming to work in the UK
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

saiph20
Newly Registered

Post by saiph20 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Thank you very for your answer.

My baby will probably born a few days after my EEA1 has expired. Will I have any problem?

My husband and I were intended to work, but now I don't think I can get a job pregnant.

After I have my baby, can I ask for EEA2???

Tristan
Newly Registered

Post by Tristan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:09 pm

It's not necessary that you are working. It is your husband who will be bearing the responsibility of exercising his treaty rights here. Your right to be here is through his right to be here.

Shortly after he starts employment you can apply for your EEA2. He doesn't really need to apply for anything since I imagine he has his Italian passport. The sooner your husband finds work, the sooner you can apply for your EEA2 and the more relaxed you'll be.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:07 pm

For the first three months after you arrive in the UK, the EU citizen does not need to be doing anything specific. The couple both reside fully legally in the UK. That includes full access to health care in the UK.

After 3 months the Eu citizen needs to be working and self sufficient.

Do not worry about the expiry date of the EEA Family Permit. It actually means nothing once you have arrived in the UK

saiph20
Newly Registered

Post by saiph20 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks a lot for your answers! I was really worried about it :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:04 pm

One small suggestion: after the baby is born you need to register it. I think it is usually useful to get several (3 or 4) long form birth certificates when you register the new child. Very cheap and easy to do at that point. And if copies need to be sent or surrendered to other countries (e.g. Italy or Venezuela), then you have extra.

saiph20
Newly Registered

Post by saiph20 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:18 am

Thank you for the advice :)