ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when can i apply to eea4 from eea2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suas007
Newly Registered

when can i apply to eea4 from eea2

Post by suas007 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi I have got eea2 visa which i got it in march 2013, i came to the UK in jan 2008 as a student, then i got married here and hence i got this eea2 visa, i was reading different post, about the applying time, and i am very confused about it, could any one please explain it to me how does it work, Does the 5 year start from the date i got the eea2 visa or can i apply for it now because i was here in the country since 2008 so its been more then 5 years.

Any help would be appreciated and if there are any question i am happy to answer.

Nyamebeye

Re: when can i apply to eea4 from eea2

Post by Nyamebeye » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 pm

The 5 year clock starts from date of marriage to your EU partner not the date you were issued with residence card. If you were married before you came to UK to study, then it starts from the date you entered the UK. Hope it helps.

suas007
Newly Registered

Post by suas007 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:05 pm

thanks for your quick response, so that means i have to wait for few more years because i got married in sep 2012, and one more question do i have to do life test and English test now or when i am applying for naturalisation?

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:04 am

If you got married in 2012 then you can apply in 2017.
You don't need life in the Uk and English test for EEA4, unless things change by 2017, but now you don't, only for naturalisation you will need.