ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for my Kids

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kartt_in
Newly Registered

British passport for my Kids

Post by Kartt_in » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi,

I recently got my British passport. My wife and Kids are in ILR dependant status, which are about the expire in 4 months time.

They have stayed in UK only for 1 yr now, so my wife is not eligible for British passport (So I have apply for dependant visa again), but can I get passport for my kids. (Both are under 5 yrs)

Any help appreciated.

Kartt_in

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: British passport for my Kids

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Check the FAQ (link below). It's covered there.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Kartt_in
Newly Registered

Re: British passport for my Kids

Post by Kartt_in » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Thanks for pointing in right direction Jambo.

Q2: My spouse was granted ILR as a dependant. When can he/she apply?

Once a dependant is granted ILR, he/she is not a dependant any more. For naturalisation, each applicant needs to meet the requirements (including the 5 years residence period). There is a reduced fee when applying together.

If one applicant meets the 5 years residence requirement but the spouse doesn’t, then once the applicant is granted BC (after the citizenship ceremony), the spouse becomes a spouse of BC and can apply for naturalisation under the 3 years residence requirements.

This exactly says what I needed for my wife, but does it apply the same to my children(both are less than 5 yrs) too?

Kind Regards
Kartt_in