ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Spouse visa questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lambo
Newly Registered

ILR Spouse visa questions

Post by Lambo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi all,

Just looking through the form M for my wife's Indefinite leave to remain visa application. I've got a few questions and will probably have a few more before we get the stamp. Thanks in advance.

1. Do we need to/should we include any additional supporting documents other than those requested on the form?
We applied for a visit visa and settlement visa before and included pictures of us together a letter from myself and my parents etc. Is this sort of thing needed for ILR?

2. My wife only works part time, will that be a problem?
I have a full time job and earn above the 18k that I believe is required, I have a p60 and can get payslips from work. However my wife works in a family run restaurant that doesn't issue payslips and as her hours are flexible some of the payment/tips are cash in hand. Would a letter from her employer be sufficient evidence of employment?

3. Do we need any other evidence of her English, other than her KET pass with distinction (B1 level) certificate?
My wife has heard that they may also require transcripts (which we don't currently have).

Any other tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Lambo

Lambo
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Spouse visa questions

Post by Lambo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Few more!

4. Am I right in thinking that we can apply anytime between 28 days before my wife has been here 2 years, and before her settlement visa expires?

5. What's the best way to post our application?

6. Can we get our bank statements and payslips now (a month before we have been here 2 years) or should we wait until nearer the time we apply?

Thanks again,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:03 am

1. No.
2. No, supply 3 months bank statements and a letter from the employer.
3. Ensure it's on the approved list, LIUK also required.
4. Yes.
5. Using the settlement checking service, if not, by special delivery.
6. So long as the most recent documents are within 1 month of the application date.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Lambo
Newly Registered

Post by Lambo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks for your reply Amber, big help! I'm still waiting for some documents to come back but think we are nearly there now. Just a few more things I'm unsure of.

1. Our payslips are printed off from a website would this be accepted alongside a letter of employment and a p60?

2. Is it better/safer to show 6 months of bank statements and payslips etc rather than the minimum of 3 months?

3. Do we need to include our marriage certificate?

The visa my wife currently has is a spouse settlement visa so they have already seen our marriage certificate once.

Many thanks

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Lambo wrote:Thanks for your reply Amber, big help! I'm still waiting for some documents to come back but think we are nearly there now. Just a few more things I'm unsure of.

1. Our payslips are printed off from a website would this be accepted alongside a letter of employment and a p60?

2. Is it better/safer to show 6 months of bank statements and payslips etc rather than the minimum of 3 months?

3. Do we need to include our marriage certificate?

The visa my wife currently has is a spouse settlement visa so they have already seen our marriage certificate once.

Many thanks
Hi Lambo,
You will be fine printing out the payslips as lone as the employer give a letter and you have the p60.
I would include six months, that is what I did too.
Yes you need to include your marriage certificate, a copy of your passport all pages please.
Make sure you make a copy of everything you send them. Type up a list. I did that.
Tangie.

Lambo
Newly Registered

Post by Lambo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:37 am

Thank you Tangie!

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 am

Lambo wrote:Thank you Tangie!

Hi Lambo,
This is what I sent to Home Office and get a respond on the 15th September. It took Home Office four months to approval my ILR.

1. SET (M) FORM.
2. LIFE IN THE UK TEST RESULT.
3. INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANDUAGE TESTING SYSTEM (IETLS).
4. Tangie INDIAN PASSPORT.
5. Tangie 3 PASSPORT SIZE PICTURE SIGNED.
6. AdrianPASSPORT COPIED ALL PAGES (5 SHEETS).
7. Adrian (Hubby) 3 PASSPORT SIZE PICTURES SIGNED.
8. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATED ORGINAL.
9. TENANT AGREEMENT LEASE DATED (JOINT NAME)
10. HSBC BANK STATEMENT NOVEMBER 2013 – APRIL 2014. (JOINT NAME)
11. BRISTOL WATER Bill MAY 2012 – MARCH 2014. (JOINT NAME)
12. ELECTRIC Bill NOV 2012 – FEB 2014. (JOINT NAME)
13. NORTH SOMERSET COUNCIL TAX 2014-14. (JOINT NAME)
14. CHARLTON CONTRACT & PAY SLIPS OCT’2013 –MAR’2014. (Tangie)
15. NHS DATE MAY’2012 (Tangie)
16. SPECSAVER DATE FEB’ 2014(Tangie)
17. HM REVENUE & Customs. TAX CODE FOR THE 2013-14. DATE OCT’ 2013 (Tangie)
18. PAY SLIPS DEC’2013- MARCH’2014 (Adrian)
19. TV LICENCE DATE AUG’2013 –AUG’2014 (Adrian)
20. HSBC BANK ACCOUNT (Adrian)
21. 19 PICTURES OF US OVER THE YEARS.
22. 4 CARDS TO EACH OTHERS FOR ANNIVERSARY.

Lambo
Newly Registered

Post by Lambo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Thanks again Tangie!

Almost there now! I went into Natwest today to request statements. I was expecting them to post them, but they printed them out straight away.

Does anyone have any experience of using these type of statements for visa applications? I'm hoping these will be ok then we can apply this week!

Thanks,
Lambo

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:27 pm

If you can get your bank to stamp and/or sign the printed statements (which I assume looks different to the normal statements you get in the post) there is no reason for the statements to not be accepted. If it's not stamped / signed, then I think it depends on the caseworker; whether you get a reasonable one or not. One would assume they know what the standard printed bank statement looks like from each bank.

When my wife applied, the bank were extremely resistant to stamping her printed bank statements. I have no idea why, but they kept insisting that it is their policy to not stamp and that the printed statements would be accepted because it shows all the necessary information, name, address, account number etc. However, what the bank says is not necessarily what will actually happen in reality. So I had to plead with them until they did stamp it.

Lambo
Newly Registered

Post by Lambo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:08 pm

Good to know, thanks Ruuh!