ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR earnings - flight & hotel expenses inclusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gm1

Tier 1 to ILR earnings - flight & hotel expenses inclusion

Post by gm1 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Hello,

For Tier 1 to ILR,

I am Director of a limited company getting salary + dividends.

for earnings section:

can I add in my total earnings - flight and hotel accomodation expenses which I get from my client for some business trips outside UK?

anyone with advice / information on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
gm1

Subtle

Re: Tier 1 to ILR earnings - flight & hotel expenses inclusi

Post by Subtle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:23 pm

If the business expenses you get form part of your salary i.e. they were agreed in advance and are shown on your pay slip then yes you can include these.

But if those were just one off or you got reimbursed for these expenses, then I am afraid they wont count towards your points.

I was in the same situation where my employer used to pay me travel expense as part of my salary. Immigration rules Appendix A explains this.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.