ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TS10 - Red Light Conviction and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

I
Newly Registered

TS10 - Red Light Conviction and Naturalisation

Post by I » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi Amber (or any other user who could contribute),

I have just been convicted with a red light offense (offense committed in Feb 2014) with 3 penalty points and a fine. I didn't get an option for FPN as the red light lasted more than 35 secs, it was taken directly to court. I pleaded guilty by post. Prior to this, I had one FPN for a broken tail light (which has already been spent more than 12 months back) Will this affect my naturalisation application or will I have to wait for 3 years?

Please help urgently as I am quite tensed....

Confused I

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: TS10 - Red Light Conviction and Naturalisation

Post by fwd079 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:19 pm

I'd wait. I had a discussion with my friend as my Naturalisation eligibility date is nearing, who went through identical process to mine. He said points are always damaging, so better wait if you have points and apply three years later.

I myself am scared of some speeding I did this month if it would show up in a letter or not, so slow-safe driving for me for rest of year. :lol:

Rest experts can tell you better.

Regards.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Due to a conviction, whether you pleased guilty by post or in person, will be a ban for 3 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:47 pm

All these silly bans tell me that my decision of not driving from the point they changed the rule till I got citizenship was not as absurd as my colleagues thought.

Speeding , jumping light can always happen in error of judgement and to wait for 3 years for this is too much. Repeated offence is another topic but even for one mistake?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:18 pm

It's a conviction! Yes, even for one.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:26 am

Does seem unfair, it could just be a genuine mistake. Sorry for the OP.
Cheers,
OR

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:27 pm

If you admit guilt then it's tough.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:03 pm

akash08 wrote:All these silly bans tell me that my decision of not driving from the point they changed the rule till I got citizenship was not as absurd as my colleagues thought.

Speeding , jumping light can always happen in error of judgement and to wait for 3 years for this is too much. Repeated offence is another topic but even for one mistake?
Silly bans? What are you talking about? The OP (forgive me if I read wrong) has admitted he rode the red light 35 seconds after it changed to red, half a bloody minute. He could have killed himself and several others.

Bloody Nora, some people...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

I
Newly Registered

Post by I » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:46 pm

It was a case of mistaken traffic lights as there were 2 difference lights and as I was turning left, I saw the left arrow was green. :(