ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 , Home visit.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jobmm
Newly Registered

EEA 2 , Home visit.

Post by jobmm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:59 am

Dear all,
I submitted my EEA2 application in May 2014 , I requested my passport twice (July and August) and did not received it.
Yesterday 4/02/2014 Two police officers came home around 10 am , while we both were at work,they asked few questions regarding us to landlord and he explained everything.
Anybody got similar experience ?
What can happen next?
Kindly explain is any possibility getting my RC?
Thanks in advance.

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Re: EEA 2 , Home visit.

Post by Ramayan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:32 am

I take it you are in Ireland? What is reason for requesting your passport twice? Did you receive Confirmation of Application for your EEA2 application after you applied in May 2014?

I think the first logical step is to determine if the police officers queried the landlord in relation to your EEA2 application or for something else. If you haven't done anything wrong in anyway then nothing to worry about.

jobmm
Newly Registered

Post by jobmm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:01 am

Ramayan wrote:I take it you are in Ireland? What is reason for requesting your passport twice? Did you receive Confirmation of Application for your EEA2 application after you applied in May 2014?

I think the first logical step is to determine if the police officers queried the landlord in relation to your EEA2 application or for something else. If you haven't done anything wrong in anyway then nothing to worry about.
Dear Ram,
I haven't expect [police officers to come.
Its my bad luck that they came exactly the day we both work. :(
As per advise from this forum i requested my passport again.U can see my previous post below,.

PLEASE NEED YOUR ADVISE..
Hi everyone,
I submitted my application as married couple
I am Indian and wife is Romanian National.
Here is my time line EEA2
Application submitted 20/05/2014
Fee taken 23/05/2014
COA received 30/05/2014
Work issued 30/05/14 and received on 0/0614
Passport requested on 27/06/14
Received her passport today 04/07/14.....with a letter says '' UNABLE TO RETURN MY INDIAN PASSPORT UNTILL APPLICATION HAS BEEN CONSIDERED''.
Dear friends i am bit concerned about any chance of refusal as Home office unable to sent my passport.
I request your valuable suggestion regarding the same.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:19 pm

First time heard that police come on the homes of eea2 applicants. Have you asked that what they asked from landlord and what landlord replied them? Did they left some note/message to contact them back?

jobmm
Newly Registered

Post by jobmm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Universal soldier wrote:First time heard that police come on the homes of eea2 applicants. Have you asked that what they asked from landlord and what landlord replied them? Did they left some note/message to contact them back?

They came with my documents, and asked landlord about us ,such as name ,where we both from, how long we been here and how much we pay.
They didn't left messages or any notes.
I am also confused.

jobmm
Newly Registered

Post by jobmm » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:27 am

Good Morning :D

As we are awaiting EEA 2 RC, four officers came home today early morning,
They checked our phone , wardrobe and all documents.They read our text messages.
This is the second visit from home office, as their previous visit when we both were at work.
Its a long 5 months since application.
any idea whats next???
Hopefully waiting for RC :D

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:30 pm

jobmm wrote:Good Morning :D

They checked our phone , wardrobe and all documents.They read our text messages.
This is the second visit from home office, as their previous visit when we both were at work.
any idea whats next???
Were they again police officers, now such misery that police check eea2 applicants :shock:. What finally they said when left? I think your case is in final stage and I hope that you will get positive outcome because you both were at home and faced them :)

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm

any idea whats next???
Any idea why they are so interested in your application? Have you guys just got married recently? Or is there anything else in your application that might make them suspicious?

jobmm
Newly Registered

Post by jobmm » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:45 pm

Universal soldier wrote:

any idea whats next???
Were they again police officers, now such misery that police check eea2 applicants :shock:. What finally they said when left? I think your case is in final stage and I hope that you will get positive outcome because you both were at home and faced them :)
Thanks Dear ,
They are from home office, Its the same officers visited even first time, my landlord thought they are from police, They did not tell us when they left, They asked about phone text they saw our text messages, even the officer was joking that,, It will take one week to read our whole texts,...They checked her salary slip,bank statements wardrobes and clothes, they saw our pics together on the wall,One officer said they couldnt see many clothes??(as my room is studio and i keep some clothes under my bed storage) above all we have been together in the house from 2013 December and married in 2014 May. After checked everything they said its the part of their job. :x
I hope I will get a favorable decision.