ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Visits within 12 months / 9 months prior to appl

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gm1

Business Visits within 12 months / 9 months prior to appl

Post by gm1 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Hello,

For UK citizenship application:

applicant needs to stay 9 months out of 12 months in UK prior to application date.

so 90 days out of 12 months is allowed by UK BA to stay outside UK

i have a question:

during 9 months also if there are business vists (NOT personal visits) outside UK, can I still apply for UK citizenship?

I will get a letter from my employer / end-client for business visits outside UK.

payments / billing / salary / dividends everything in UK (not outside UK).

Can anyone provide information on this.

Regards,
gm1

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Business Visits within 12 months / 9 months prior to app

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:56 pm

There is a distinction between business and absence limits for naturalisation. It is 90 days absence (all), with maybe discretion for a few days over this.

How many days over the 90 days do you anticipate? If quite a lot more, you will need to ask for discretion on the absence total and provide evidence of 'established life in UK' etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:55 pm

CR001 wrote:There is a distinction between business and absence limits for naturalisation. It is 90 days absence (all), with maybe discretion for a few days over this.

How many days over the 90 days do you anticipate? If quite a lot more, you will need to ask for discretion on the absence total and provide evidence of 'established life in UK' etc.
You forgot the NO... (No distinction).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:36 pm

5A1. For absences exceeding 730 days (or 450 days for 6(2) applications) we would expect
you to have been resident in the UK for the last 8 years (5 years for 6(2) applications)
unless the absences were a result of either:
• a posting abroad in Crown or designated service (see section 10). For example, as a
member of HM Forces, or as the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen
serving abroad in Crown or designated service; or
• an unavoidable consequence of the nature of your work. For example, if you are a
merchant seaman or someone working for a UK based business which requires
frequent travel abroad;
I am sometimes wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Thanks Jambo :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gm1

Post by gm1 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Dear all,

Thanks for all details / info from experts.

some more details from my side:
From date of entering UK till completion of 5 years - only two weeks out of UK on personal trips.

in 6th year after ILR issuance: I expect minimum total 4 months stay outside UK for business trip or maximum total 6 months stay outside UK for business trips. This is within 12 months prior to UK citizenship application date.

Business trips would be a part of contract with a UK based business and I can justify with letters from employer/end-client to UK BA.

From milan69's info which is as quoted below, I interpret that its FINE/OK to have more than 90 days absence:

"an unavoidable consequence of the nature of your work. For example, if you are a merchant seaman or someone working for a UK based business which requires frequent travel abroad;"

My interpretation is correct or not - please let me know.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
gm1