ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview after receiving visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

entrepreneur123

Interview after receiving visa

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi,
Have anyone got interview letter from home office after getting visa? As one of my friend got interview call after 15 months of his visa. Please share what kind of questions home office ask in interview. Thanks
Last edited by entrepreneur123 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samaygrg

Re: Interview after receiving visa

Post by samaygrg » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:04 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:Hi,
Have anyone got interview letter from home office after getting visa? As one of my friend got interview call after 15 months of his visa.
That's strange. Please share to board if anyone has come across to similar situation.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Never heard about that. Your friend is working on NI number?
Your friend received an email as well or just letter?

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:15 pm

no not for another company. he is working for his own company on which he was granted visa. he also paid tax etc. he received signed for interview letter.
Momi wrote:Never heard about that. Your friend is working on NI number?

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:21 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:no not for another company. he is working for his own company on which he was granted visa. he also paid tax etc. he received signed for interview letter.
Momi wrote:Never heard about that. Your friend is working on NI number?

There may have been a complaint. Its hard to think of any other reason.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:23 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:Hi,
Have anyone got interview letter from home office after getting visa? As one of my friend got interview call after 15 months of his visa. Please share what kind of questions home office ask in interview. Thanks

Nothing to worry if your friend is trading otherwise say bye bye to visa
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:31 pm

There must be something in letter that about what they want his interview. If he is investing 50k and has proof then I don't think he needs to worry.
I agree with Nasir that it can be complaint by someone otherwise they wouldn't know that person is living on the same address or not.
Letter authenticity needs to be checked as well.
He should ring home office and ask them about the letter.

luisse123

WIN a NEW AUDI A3!

Post by luisse123 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:39 am

Hey guys !
WIN a NEW AUDI A3!
FOR FREE
This is the link: http://lnkgo.com/1Ofx

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:56 am

hi, Ent123, we got the visa at same time last month, I came back after a while, home office interviewed me any my partner in april 2013, granted us visa in may 2013, could you pls tell me when did u apply and granted visa by home office, also what date and location they ask you to appear,,,,

We haven't received any letter yet.

pls update us

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Please read my posts again. Its my friend who received this letter.
Legal83 wrote:hi, Ent123, we got the visa at same time last month, I came back after a while, home office interviewed me any my partner in april 2013, granted us visa in may 2013, could you pls tell me when did u apply and granted visa by home office, also what date and location they ask you to appear,,,,

We haven't received any letter yet.

pls update us

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Momi,
He told me that letter says that they appreciate for doing business in UK etc and they want update and progress of his business... nothing else.

Momi wrote:There must be something in letter that about what they want his interview. If he is investing 50k and has proof then I don't think he needs to worry.
I agree with Nasir that it can be complaint by someone otherwise they wouldn't know that person is living on the same address or not.
Letter authenticity needs to be checked as well.
He should ring home office and ask them about the letter.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Waoo. That's a new one. I know many people who got visa more than a year ago and now waiting for their 10 years to complete.
If your friend has been called for interview then still I don't think that there is anything to worry about if he is not breaching the visa conditions. I don't think business progress is gonna effect much. They can't curtail his visa only on business progress.
It always takes time to establish a business, 1 year is nothing. And HO gives 3 year to invest 50k and create 2 jobs. It's no where mentioned about progress of business because mostly services businesses take years to make some goodwill.