ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start working for different employer after workpermit approv

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:12 am

All,

I am on a wP.And if a new employer sponsers Workpermit for me.Can I start working for a this employer after getting approval from WorkPermits or should I wait for the leave to remain as well ?

In B & C Notes I noticed the following does this mean a workpermit holder can start working for a different employer as soon as he receives a decision from the Workpermits ?

156. The person should not commence work until they have received approval for further leave to remain against the work permit decision, unless at the time the application was made the person had leave to enter or remain in an immigration category that permitted them to take full time employment with you in the United Kingdom; and the application was submitted prior to the expiry of any previous leave to remain here. If you are any doubt, you should phone the Immigration and Nationality Enquiry Bureau, on 0870 6067766 or visit the Home Office website at: www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk.

Rainbow
Newly Registered

Post by Rainbow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:28 pm

I am working in a UK IT company on Work permit and my leave to remain in UK is valid upto 31.01.2005. I got a new employment and now my new employer has made work permit application for me. My question is can I start working immidiately after getting the work permit. Or shall I wait till my FLR(IED) is through.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:08 am

i would say probably not.

156. The person should not commence work until they have received approval for further leave to remain against the work permit decision, unless at the time the application was made the person had leave to enter or remain in an immigration category that permitted them to take full time employment with you in the United Kingdom

i think the only time you can continue to work would be if you were staying with the same employer but changing the WP e.g for change in location, job title, extension of permit.

Rainbow
Newly Registered

Confused

Post by Rainbow » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:35 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I telephoned the Immigration and Nationality Enquiry Bureau on 0870 6067766 today and explained my situation. And surprisingly, they said, "Yes, you can start working with your new employer because your leave to remain is valid till 31.01.2005. You should apply in FLR (IED) now for forther leave to remian."

I asked for an official documentation in the form of email reply and they asked me to email workpermit authority for the same. I will do that now.

My new employer is putting pressure to join now. I don't know what I will do.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:15 am

If this is true its really a great news for all WP holders ... Please keep us updated on this ...

talktome

Post by talktome » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:37 pm

hi there,
I am kind of in the same boat as you , could you update us on your situation and also if you add the email address you mentioned ....
Thx...

Rainbow
Newly Registered

Post by Rainbow » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:44 pm

Email address is wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

But the news is not good for us. They advised me, in the email reply, to wait for my FLR(IED) application to be completed before
starting work with the new company.

So ................