ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 License Revoked... Filed Judicial Review

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xero
Newly Registered

Tier 2 License Revoked... Filed Judicial Review

Post by xero » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi all:
I am on Tier 2 but the organization i am working for, their license has been revoked. But soon after revocation of license, they applied for Judicial Review. So far i haven't received any letter from HO. So my question is, is my Tier 2 visa still valid as the organization im working for has already applied for a Judicial Review.

thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 License Revoked... Filed Judicial Review

Post by manci » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:45 am

the normal procedure on revocation of a licence is to curtail the leaves of sponsored migrants to 60 days unless they were complicit in the reasons for the revocation in which case the curtailment is with immediate effect. The HO will write to the migrants. Make sure the HO have your current address.

Since your employer is no longer a licenced sponsor they cannot continue employing you. Applying for JR does not change that.

Even if the licence is restored as a result of the JR this will take some time (ask the solicitor who is doing the JR application for an estimate how long) . Consider looking for another sponsor.

xero
Newly Registered

Post by xero » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:12 am

manci wrote:the normal procedure on revocation of a licence is to curtail the leaves of sponsored migrants to 60 days unless they were complicit in the reasons for the revocation in which case the curtailment is with immediate effect. The HO will write to the migrants. Make sure the HO have your current address.

Since your employer is no longer a licenced sponsor they cannot continue employing you. Applying for JR does not change that.

Even if the licence is restored as a result of the JR this will take some time (ask the solicitor who is doing the JR application for an estimate how long) . Consider looking for another sponsor.
thanks for the reply manci. It has been almost 70 days, so far none of the TIer 2 sponsored employees have received letter from the homeoffice. Our employer has already lodged application for JR. What should we do now, what are our options

vinith
Newly Registered

Post by vinith » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Hello,

Even I an in same situation. My employer license has been revoked and they haven't told us about this. when I called them up and said I am going on a holiday soon and I need a letter which helps me during immigration check while returning back to UK. Then he told license has been revoked and not to worry because they have filed case in court which is still going on. We haven't received any letter from Home office. Are we allowed to work for the same company if a case has been filed in right time?

Please let me know.

Cheers

dpswapna
Newly Registered

Post by dpswapna » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Vinith,

Did your sponsor get license back after judicial review.

If so can you please let us know how long it took.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:16 pm

dpswapna wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 am
Hi Vinith,

Did your sponsor get license back after judicial review.

If so can you please let us know how long it took.
Kindly refrain from digging up and tagging onto topics that are more than 3 years old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.